67: Not Regretting it.

I wasn't sure how long we were together, but the sun was setting and it was getting darker by the minute. I stared at the sky above me with faded stars peeping down at us and the only thing I could hear was Ash's rough breathing and a few birds somewhere.

I had my hands over my bare chest as I rethought about what I had just done.

I can't say I regretted it.

But I can't say I wanted it to happen either.

"Another go?" Ash asked as he breathed tirelessly beside me and I couldn't help but turn my eyes to him. "I can go on if you want to."

"Haven't you had enough?" I asked with furrowed brows at him. "No thanks."

"Okay." He sighed only to begin chuckling. "You're amazing, Riley." He said and I turned my eyes from him and towards the sky. "I want to do this everyday with you for the rest of our lives."

"Sadly that won't happen." I sighed as I sat up and grabbed my shirt. "Take me home Ash."

"Why the rush?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It could be 6pm right now. Hurry up and wear your clothes." I said as I grabbed his shirt and slapped it into his face, getting me a bit irritated that he managed to have me sleep with him so easily.

"Fine..." He sighed and began to wear his clothes as slow as he could go. "Tell me though... You liked it right?"

"Oh, I don't know. Going nearly six times wasn't enough for you." I rolled my eyes as I stood up and began to wear my jeans as fast as I could.

"I enjoyed it. But I'm talking about you." He said and I glanced down at him as my cheeks slowly burned red.

"I had a great time." I said silently and he smiled as he stood up as well, pulling on his jeans.

"I'll be free on Friday... If you want we could-"

"That doesn't mean we're back together Ash. This is just a one time thing okay?" I deadpanned and he sighed out, leaning down to get the picnic items.

"Sure." He said with a bored tone. "I'm just saying. If you feel like it... I'll be free."

"What is wrong with you?" I asked and he smirked without looking at me.

"Are we okay now?" He asked as he stood back up. "Me and you... As in, do you still hate me?"

".... I didn't hate you-"

"You did. I could tell." He said as he stood in front of me. "So are we okay now?" He asked as he grabbed my chin and tilted my head up to him. He leaned down and softly brushed his lips on mine.

"... We're okay." I said through a breathy voice before he connected our lips for a short moment before he pulled away.

"Okay." He sighed out and bit his lower lip as he stared at me. "This wasn't the perfect moment I wanted to have it with you but... I tried to make it perfect right?"

"Yeah." I smiled softly and he smiled back. "You've made things a lot more difficult for us."

"No I didn't. I just made us a lot more closer." He whispered before grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the car. "You won't be able to ignore me so much. Plus, we might actually end up together again."

"You slept with Riley, don't forget. How is that any different from me?" I asked as I sat in the front seat now.

"I slept with her out of hate. But with you, I did it with all my heart." He said as he dropped the basket in the back seat and turned around the car, hoping into the driver's seat. "There's a difference."

"If you say so." I sighed and gazed out of the window and at the spot we were at. Knowing it will forever be tainted with the memories of Ash and me getting more attached.

"So, Riley. If I ask you out again. Will you say yes?" He suddenly asked and I glanced at him in shock.

".... Not now." I looked way quickly. "We can't be together now."

"But you would after a couple of months right?" He asked and I clenched my jaw.

"Maybe." I sighed out, nearly slapping myself for being so desperate for him.

"I'll wait till then." He sighed out in relief. "I'll do everything I can to fix things between us." He said and I didn't say a word more as he drove out of the forest and into the road.