13: Tunnel of love

We stopped in front of the tunnel of love and I glanced at him with a devilish grin as I patted myself on the back.

I knew it.

"You cheesy boy." I chuckled and he shrugged his shoulders as he helped me get on the ride. The man in the heart costume smiled at us to which I found a bit odd to look at.

"Have a great ride Ms Marker." He yelled and I raised a brow at him as the small swan we were on began to roll into the tunnel.

"Maybe another fan of yours." Ash said and I nodded and leaned back as I felt uncomfortable once more.

This was it.

The place my first kiss gets stolen.

I glanced around and it was mostly dark. I glanced up at Ash who was on his phone now. Typical.

"Hey aren't we supposed to be falling in love here?" I asked a bit annoyed and he chuckled as he put back his phone into his pocket.

"Because it's the tunnel of love?" He asked and I nodded my head in agreement. "You want me to kiss you now?"

"If you want to."

Yes.

Right now.

Lets get over with it already. It's so unhealthy to keep all this anxiety in my heart.

"Okay." He whispered as he leaned in, our foreheads intact once more and at this point I just think I had a massive forehead.

A song began to play in the background and I heart jumped into my throat as he brought thumb to my lower lip.

"Are you ready for this?" He asked in a whispered and I chuckled breathlessly.

"Just shut up and kiss me Ash." I said. My heart pounded in my chest as his lips brushed against mine and when I leaned in, he moved away.

What. The. Hell.

I stared at him in complete shock.

Maybe that's now he kisses? But that wasn't one...

"What the hell was that?" I asked and he chuckled as he looked around and to the poorly made cardboard lovey dovey props surrounding us. A few made from plastic and a few from thin metal.

"Not yet." He said as he glanced down at me. "Not now, not here." He said and I felt tensed and uncomfortable that I was legit about to kiss him myself.

"T-Then what was with the whole close up and brushing?" I asked and he grinned evilly at me that chills ran up my spin.

"I'm tempting you. It's a tactic." He said as the tunnel came to an end and we were exposed to the hush light outside.

"Tactic? I didn't agree on tactics!" I yelled in anger and he chuckled as he got out and held his hand for me to take.

"Come on babe." He said as I took his hand. Once I was off, I slapped them away only to get a chuckle from the man in the heart costume.

"Don't babe me! I'm not your girlfriend!" I yelled as I stumbled on the steps, feeling my legs wabble for an odd reason.

"What ride next?" He asked as he stopped in front of me and scanned the area. "Somewhere I can tease you. Oh the haunted mirror maze! Come on! Been a long time since I went there." He grabbed my wrist and yanked me forward and at this point I felt like people found it fun to grab me and yank me wherever they wanted to go. Even a total stranger did that!

He pulled me into the maze and the fog itself was haunting. It was green and awful looking with a few screams from people... Or were they from the props?

"Aaaaaah!" A prop jumped from beside me and I stumbled back as I screamed in terror.

It was just a headless zombie.

So how on earth was it screaming?

Ash burst out laughing and I glared at him in anger only to scream in terror when spiders dropped from above. I jumped up and down trying to get them off my head and began stepping them.

"Wow, they are rubber." He laughed as he pulled one out of my hair and dropped it into my hands. "Just rubber."

"Is that snake rubber too?" I asked as I pointed at the moving snake and he paused for a moment.

"No that one is real." He said as he looked around for something. I stared at the snake, making sure I don't lose sight of it as he looked for anything to kill it with. He came back with the zombie prop from earlier.

I don't think the owners will like that.

"Where is it?" He asked as he scanned the area. I pointed at it and he charged for it, bringing the sharp broken edge to the snakes head, instantly killing it. He raised the wood high and brought it down on its neck, struggling to tear off the head.

Once he did so, he stepped onto its head until it was completely smashed. He then turned to me and smiled, tossing the board away.

"Lets continue. We'll tell them when we get out." He said and held my hand this time. He pulled me deeper into the maze and all I could see was deep fog.

No one was in sight at this point. A few others screamed and I figured they found the snake we killed.

"Here seems fine." He said as he stopped in front of nothing in particular.

"Fine for what?" I asked and he yanked me to the wall, holding my arms above my head in seconds and I felt my cheeks burn.

"To tease you a little." He whispered as he brought one hand down my face and stopped on my lips. "They're really soft. I like it." He whispered and I blushed in the process, staring right at him.

He leaned in, slowly closing his eyes and at this point, all I could hear was my heart thudding in my chest.

I clenched my hands into a fist as he came closer... And closer.

But it never came.

I flashed my eyes open only to find him staring at me with a blank expression. I breathed out in disbelief and forcedly snatched my hands from his grip.

"Geez if you won't kiss me don't make me feel so terrible." I whined and he smiled as he stroked my cheek.

"Do you want it so bad?" He asked and I sighed, slapping my forehead.

"If you want to." I said and he chuckled, taking a step back.

"Not until you say you want it. Come on. We still have two hours before it closes." He said and held my hands, pulling me forward. We walked out of the maze easily and back into the light. "So what do you want to do?"

"I don't know." I sighed out, feeling confused and weird. "Anything."

"Okay." He chuckled and pointed at the Ferris wheel. "That. Its fun."

"But I'm afraid of heights. I can't get on that." I said and struggled to get away from his grip.

"I'll hold on to you." He smiled, forcing me to believe him. I sighed and let myself get dragged to my worst fear.

We waited for the next cart to stop and the man glanced at our tickets around our necks and directed us to climb with his head. Ash pulled me to the cart and allowed me to go in first.

"Buckle up." The man instructed and it raised. Slowly, my guts fell on the ground. Not vomit. But they literally fell down there as I went up.