26: loneliness

I finally finished the last chocolate and I was overly filled up with lots of it.

To my surprise, I did not know I could eat all those.

Ash on the other hand had been quiet for the past hour and busy rampaging through my bookshelf, looking for nothing in particular and probably just wanted to mess up my room.

I laid on the bed, facing the ceiling as the tightness in my stomach slowly softened. After all, it was just chocolate and it shouldn't be hard to digest.

Let me research on that.

"So what movie do you want to watch this Friday?" He asked and I nearly chocked on the air.

I forgot! He wanted us to go this Friday and I accepted Peter's offer....

"Riley?" I heard him ask and I turned over to my side as I hugged the pillow to my chest and squeezed my eyes shut. Hoping some magic would swipe me off the bed somehow. Though I knew that was scientifically impossible. "I know you can hear me."

"Let's go next week." I said more to the pillow than him. He remained quiet for some time before clearing his throat.

"Why?" He asked and I clenched my fists tightly. "I bought tickets. And you know that place has tickets that expire in two days."

"... This week isn't good for me." I whispered softly as I stared at the wall in front of me. "I... Uh... I'll be in my period."

"... Oh." He simply said. "Okay. If you say so." I heard him sigh and I clenched my jaw tightly as I cursed at myself. "I'll just go with a friend of mine then."

"I'm sorry. I just get really uncomfortable." I pointed out as I turned to face him only to notice the solemn look on his face.

There was no way I was going to try the thing they do in movies. Attending two dates at once. Plus, I wanted to try going out with Peter.

And you say he's cheating!?

Oh shut up! You know how I feel...

"Why do I get the feeling you're lying to me?" He asked and I blushed and looked elsewhere but him.

"I'm not." I said and he smirked softly with a roll of his eyes.

"You never look away from my eyes when you're telling me the truth. That means you're lying to me." He pinpointed and I chuckled out forcedly as I tried to look him in the eye but I just couldn't. "Did Peter ask you out?"

"Why did you even think that!?" I asked in shock and he sighed out walking to the bed to where I was.

"You tell white lies Riley." He frowned deeply. "Is it Peter?"

"No. I'm serious." I said, this time maintaining eye contact with him to which he stared into for an awfully long time. He smiled then leaned in and planted a small kiss on my forehead.

"Anyway, you wouldn't do that to me." He chuckled and I frowned deeply as he took a few steps back. "I really have to leave before your dad gets home. He really scares me worse than you do."

".... I scare you!?" I asked in anger and he simply ran out and shut the door, leaving me to a large and empty looking room that I had never noticed before.

It lacked almost everything yet had everything a girl needed. A dress up table, a closet, a study desk, a bed and a window seat in cases where I just wanted to study by the window.

Yet it felt empty the moment Ash left.

Not that he was the missing Piece, maybe, I don't know, but it just reminded me that I was the only one here. The only child in this huge house.

I was getting lonely.

I immediately get out of bed and walk to the closet, pulling out a sleeping robe and walked towards the door, stomping my way towards the only possible source of family extensions.

My mother.

I got down the stairs only to spot her right in the corridor and looking at a photo of me in a very ugly dress I that hated. However, they loved it.

"Mother. I am in need of a sibling." I said and she glanced down at me with raised brows, as though surprised to have heard me say it. "I'm serious."

"Where is this coming from?" She asked and I frowned as I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted my lips.

"I feel lonely." I said and she chuckled out as she turned to face me and cupped my cheeks.

"Is it Ash?" She asked and I furrowed my brows at him. "He's a pretty good boy though. I think I might like him if he doesn't hurt you."

"No, not him. I've just noticed now that I have no one to talk to when I get home." I said and she chuckled softly.

"You have me-"

"You're busy with work, dad is mentally impossible to hold a conversation with." I pointed out and she sighed out, letting go of my hand.

"I don't know, having a baby now... Would take years before you get to talk to them." She said and I shook my head in denial.

"I don't want small kids. I want at least a ten years old or older." I demanded and she stared at me for a moment.

"Adoption is a good option. But I'm concerned if your father will allow it." She said as she turned back to the picture.

"We can surprise him." I grinned and she laughed out.

"He'll send the kid back without his consent." She said only to snap her fingers and stare down at me. "However, I've noticed your father's soft side lately, you can convince him."

"He always wants me to prove it will be of economic value." I frowned only to think for a moment.

Wait... I really can prove it.

"As a matter of fact, I might really just cut the cake on this one." I smiled as I heard the roaring engine of a car pull up from the outside. "Speak of the devil, he's home. Right on time too." I said as I glanced down at my wrist watch and it read six pm sharp.