6: A mother's talk

"Two patients? I'm proud of you. It will look good on your job application." My mother said as she drew my curtains back for me while I buried my face in my books, trying hard to concentrate on the history to teach these law students. "Plus the president replied to your text, they say it will be put into consideration."

I sighed and slammed my head onto the desk and clenched my fists in anger.

Why do I feel so uneasy....

"So any friends you made?" She asked and I glanced at her.

"I would say one, but the other is... Not really a friend," I said and she smiled and nodded her head.

"Who are they?" She asked and I tapped the end of my pen to my lips in thought.

"Peter Ransom and the so-not-my friend is Ash Briton. Ash is more of the self absorbed buffoons and Peter is very sweet and kind. He was the one I helped the most because Ash kept bullying him and I felt like I need to protect him. He's a very weak boy if you ask me. He couldn't run half the street from our school to the burger place. And he left his cousin ponder him. He was nose bleeding and his cousin Ash didn't seem to care. Doesn't he know that those lead to unwanted circumstances? Like, what if he fainted in the bathroom, no one would know. Or, if he was walking home and happened to be crossing the road and fainted right as a speeding car came rushing the other side?" I asked and she laughed softly and fanned herself.

"Sounds to me you like this Peter boy." She said and I blushed intensively and glared her for even thinking it.

"No! I just met him. That could just be infatuation!" I said and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I fell in love with your father the moment I saw him. Is it still infatuation? It's normal you don't know what liking someone feels like because you've been dating books since birth. Maybe liking someone can make you feel your age, hm?" She asked and I glanced away from her and down to my books.

Like? What the hell is she saying?

"I have a history lesson to prepare. So if you will excuse me-"

"It's time for bed. You will read that later." She sighed and walked to me, grabbing my wrists and pulling me from the study desk. I fell on my buns and flinched in the process, groaning in pain as the impact vibrated through my body.

She dragged me across the floor and got up on my bed, pulling me with her.

She's really childish at times and I have to be the adult when certain things end up like this.

I let her do all the work for stopping my studies. She struggled with my jeans and I simply watched her do it. She shot me a glare a few times but ended up removing it.

I sighed as she walked to the closet and pulled out my pajamas, walking back to me.

"Put this on." She said as she waved it above me. I glanced at it and it turned out to be new. "I just got it from the store, it's pretty expensive but it's cute too. When you get sleep overseas like we used to during our highschool times, you can get this."

"But that short is well above my thighs. I would be wearing an undie." I said and she chuckled with a shake of her head.

"Don't be so old, you're just seventeen."

"Turning eighteen next week." I said and she rolled her eyes as she grabbed my shirt and yanked it off, nearly causing me to fall over. She forcefully pulled on the pajama shirt and forced the shorts on me, causing a few burn marks to appear where the short was a bit tight.

"Wow! You look adorable!" She exclaimed as she clasped her hands together in admiration. I sighed and turned away from her, shutting my eyes. "Goodnight my butterfly." She whispered and kissed my forehead before she left.

I sighed and snuggled into the blanket, trying to get some sleep.