56: Heart Failure.

Sarah and Rhy were busy giggling as they played away on the horror game they were playing, almost grinning like the maniacs they were as they completely decapitated their enemies.

Such evil creatures.

I glanced up at the clock above the screen only to notice it was well past midnight and Adrien hadn't come to say anything.

I was completely filled up with junk food and the meals the chef had made, plus some additional fizzy drinks which I will soon regret if I get a stomach ache.

"I'll be back." I announced as I stood up, shoving the junk bags off of my laps. "Just need to check up on Adrien."

"Aww." Sarah coed and I rolled my eyes as I walked towards the flight of stairs, nearly bumping into the butler who was in fact heading up himself.

"Oh Mrs Hawks. Good morning." He smiled down at me and I frowned a bit.

"Mrs Hawks, you say?" I asked, wondering if I heard him right and he chuckled, reaching up to brush his grey beard.

"Mr Hawks demanded I called you by that. Otherwise he would have my head." We chuckled a bit as we continued even higher. "Are you going to visit Mr Hawks?"

"I was just a bit skeptical." I said as I wrapped my arms around himself. "He hasn't been out for the last seven hours. Not even during dinner." I said and he nodded slowly.

"I'm going to check on him as well." He said then glanced at the ground. "He's been stressed lately and I am worried about the remaining power his heart has." He said and I frowned deeply, knowing I had completely forgotten about it.

It's not my fault, he acts as though he's perfectly fine.

We begin to run towards the office and I let him lead the way since I wasn't sure where it could be. I was planning on opening all doors to find him.

We reached the last floor in a matter of minutes and he instantly opened the first door to his right, I stepped in first as he gave way and I saw there, sited on his desk with his hand in his hair, his back faced away from me.

He didn't seem to be on the verge of death just yet.

"Adrien?" I asked and he perked his head up before glancing over his shoulder towards me. The life completely drained out of his eyes and he looked like a lifeless dummy.

"Oh. Did you miss me already?" He asked and yet he wasn't even smiling. The butler instantly left my side and rushed to him.

"Sir. Are you okay?" He asked as he gently raised Adrien from his seat who was in fact failing to even stand.

"Just tired." He whispered as he shut his eyes, and that was when I got worried.

"Adrien... Is your heart okay?" I asked as I walked towards him shakily. "What if you feeling tired is the heart slowing down?" I asked and he hardly answered as his head leaned forward and towards the floor.

"Grab Mr Hawks' phone from the desk and call the number he saved as Doctor. He doesn't live far so he won't take time coming here. I think Mr Hawks is losing consciousness." He said as I did what I was told. The moment the doctor picked up, he didn't wait for me to answer instead he made it clear he would be here in three minutes.

The butler quickly carried Adrien off his feet and rushed out of the room as I trailed behind with my heart thudding in my chest. He turned and went down the stairs at an outstanding speed for an old man and we were in his room in seconds. I stood on the other side of the bed and watched as the butler put him down on the bed. In a few minutes, the doctor barged in with a woman who was simply in her casuals.

"He needs a recharge for the night." The butler said and the doctor nodded his head, glancing back down at Adrien.

"Unless you want to witness something bad, I suggest you step outside for some time." The doctor said and I clenched my jaw, wondering if I wanted to see or not.

I decided it was best that I left. I didn't want to see if his condition was worse than it already was.

I stepped out of the room and closed the door behind me, feeling very nervous and weak in the knees as I heard minor whispers from within the room.

"What's going on!?" Sarah exclaimed as she ran towards me with Rhy beside her, both looking worried. "We saw a doctor running up here like he saw a ghost!"

"It's Adrien." I frowned and her eyes grew wide in terror. "He has this heart issue... I mean.... Okay promise me you won't tell anyone?" I asked and they both nodded anxiously. "Adrien had an accident a few years back and lost his heart. They gave him an artificial one that was under testing. So right now he stressed the power out of it." I said and she grew Pale as Rhy bit his lower lip in terror.

"Will he be okay?" Rhy asked as he looked up at me.

"He will." I smiled forcedly and he looked away when I knew I wasn't sure myself.

(Two hours Later.)

The door clicked open and I flashed my eyes open as well, my heart leaped into my throat when the doctor locked eyes with me as I stood up.

"Is he okay?" I asked as I bit my lower lip at how exhausted the doctor looked.