60: Mrs Hawks

I watched as my feet padded against the water, waiting for Adrien to scout the area for Sarah and Rhy whilst I practised 'paddling my feet', he said.

"Okay." He sighed as he finally showed up and sat next to me, at the edge of a partially filled pool. Most of the people were in the house dancing their bones off. "I found them, but they are talking to each other about the origins of snacks by the snack table." He chuckled and I raised a brow at him. Knowing too well that was a weird conversation.

"I'm glad they have something in common. Weirdness." I chuckled and he smiled a bit before glancing at the water.

"Ready to know how to swim?" He asked and I sighed out with a nod.

"I can never be ready, but I can always try." I smiled and he chuckled as he pushed himself off the edge of the pool and into the water.

He reached out his hands when his feet touched the stair in the water, wanting to help me into the pool. The water was just above his chest and slightly on his neck so I was certain that level of water would be right at the tip of my head.

I gently reached my hands for his neck, not wanting to drawn by accident.

Once my butt left the tiled edge, I knew there was not going back.

Well actually I can go back if I just held my breath and climbed the stairs.

"You okay?" He asked when he must have noticed how paranoid I was becoming.

I mean, my feet weren't even close to the ground and yet the water was already up my neck.

"I'm so short." I said as I glanced up at him, feeling my body go into slight panic at the feel of water around my neck, probably thinking it was about to drown. "Don't let me go."

"I won't." He chuckled with a small smile of admiration in his eyes. "I'll never let you go." He whispered as he leaned close into my ear, giving my ear a tingling feeling.

"Just teach me how to swim." I rolled my eyes playfully to which he chuckled to.

"Okay, first, you have to try and wave your hands in the water. I'll show you how. It helps keep you floating." He said and I glanced at him in terror. "Well you have to let go first."

"What if I drown?" I asked and he chuckled a bit.

"No you won't. I'm right here remember?"

"But... I might panic and inhale some water-"

"That's part of learning-"

"I want no pain." I deadpanned and he sighed out a bit before looking around.

"Okay, how about I carry you on my back whilst we swim around, to show you it's not as scary as it looks right?" He asked and I paused for a moment then nodded slowly.

He carefully turned himself around, without preying my hands off his shoulders. When I was finally on his back, I held on tight to his neck but not tight to chock him to death.

"Ready?" He asked and I sighed out with a small nod.

"Ready when you are." I chuckled and he began to swim around, probably slower than he would be moving since he has to drag me along. It wasn't so bad, swimming, I mean. It felt relaxing and very enjoyable despite the high possibilities you could die from it alone.

Hugging onto Adrien's neck so closely brought the pumping rhythm of his neck against my skin.

The same number of heart beats a normal heart would make. No lesser and not faster at all.

A frown made its way to my face when I realised he was knocking at death's door yesterday, and yet here he was, swimming with a body mass on his back.

Like that wouldn't take his energy....

"I think we should stop." I said after he did the hundredth lap around the pool, hardly seeming tired.

"You're getting pool sick?" He asked with a small laugh and I frowned at the back of his head.

"No. You need rest." I said and yet he didn't stop.

"Make me stop." He said. "Otherwise I'll keep going."

"Why are you so weird?" I asked in near anger. "If you over power your heart, it will lose power, or even worse, fry out!"

"Are you that worried, Mrs Hawks?" He asked in a playful tone and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I'm worried and no, I'm not Mrs Hawks." I deadpanned and he chuckled as he still continued. "Why aren't you stopping?"

"Because you won't let me call you Mrs Hawks." He whined and I growled under my breath.

"Fine fine. Call me Mrs Hawks. Just stop swimming." I demanded and he chuckled under his breath as he finally swam towards the edge of the pool.

I grinned once my fingers were in contact with the roughly titled edges and was glad to sit back on them as Adrien also pulled himself from the water and sat next to me.

"So, Mrs Hawks." He began and I glared at him. "Since we're husband and wife now, can I touch you?"

"Why are you so desperate to do that?" I asked and he bit his lower lip as he glanced down at my exposed thighs.

"Because I want to." He said then reconnected our eyes with a smirk. "I really want you."

"Hm." I narrowed my eyes at him then towards the house. "I'm hungry."

"You know, we could make it quick in the pool-"

"I said I'm hungry for food." I rolled my eyes as I stood up from the pool and began to walk towards the house.

"Bring me something sweet!" He yelled and I glanced over to him as I stopped.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders as he slapped the water with his legs.

"Oh no. I'm really tired. Just bring me something sweet. With some punch or alcohol." He winked and I sighed, turning from him and towards the house. Suddenly realising how unpleasant our conversation had become.