19: To Love is to understand

"This is really good." I moaned out as I filled my mouth with mushroom soup after I had just finished a whole plate of grilled beef and mushed potatoes dressed with some home made sauce I didn't know what it was.

"You have an appetite." Ash pointed out as he stared at me as though he was staring at an angel eating and I wasn't so sure I was being ladylike at all.

"Only for food I can enjoy." I said before finishing off the remaining soup, suddenly feeling myself overstuffed. "I might have eaten a bit too much though. I feel like I will regret in the next ten minutes." I sighed as I rubbed my fingers on my belly.

"Then let's get that belly to sleep." He offered as he stood up and glanced down at me. "You're staying right?"

I chuckled at his attempted the offer and I was to turn him down with all the pride wrapped up in a thick blanket around it. However, I wouldn't mind being wrapped by his sweet delicious scent from his blanket either.

"Yes." I nodded as I stood up and chugged down the water, filling up the remaining comfortable space I had in my stomach.

If my mother could see me, she would slap the food out of my stomach and remind me of my fitness and health degree.

I never said I would be part of it.

Nearly spilling what I had already eaten out, I pressed my fingers against my lips to seal it's passage.

"It's like you had been starving for decades." He commented as he led the way into the corridor while I trailed behind, trying to hold it down.

"I guess my body isn't built for this." I sighed and straightened my back after I felt my stomach lighten up. "Anyway, I'm okay now." I sighed and glanced at Peter's door as Ash opened the door to his. Noticing how quiet it was now. I walked to the door soundlessly and opened it slightly, wanting to peep into the room.

Of course, the TV was off and there was a bunch of snacks on the floor as well, a few dishes neatly stacked in a pile though they weren't clean and a tray with used forks and knifes rested just at the foot of the bed, on the floor. I redirected my eyes towards the bed and there they were.

Peter and Sarah, both sound asleep with Sarah practically possessing his body.

I frowned at that and slowly closed the door, feeling a little let down and betrayed at the same time.

He didn't even think to check where I was.

Sighing, I turned to Ash's door only to pause when my eyes landed on Ash who had concerned eyes.

I smiled slightly, trying to smile even bigger for the sake of it but my body wouldn't let me lie with pride.

"I'm excited for your bed." I chuckled as I walked to the door only to have Ash hardly move aside to let me in. "Oh so you won't let me sleep in your room too?"

"Why do you like him?" He asked and I blushed as I looked away.

"I want to sleep-"

"Why did you befriend Sarah when you knew she liked him?"

"I'm really tired and stuff-"

"I know she knows you like him too. So why are you pretending to like her?"

"I'm not." I deadpanned as I glanced up at his eyes. "She offered even though she knew I liked him and said she wouldn't mind. I agreed because I liked her pride and dignity, that she wouldn't let a feeling put boundaries between us. Plus... She made me... Feel a bit more human. She was concerned I didn't have a friend and wanted to be the first one." I frowned as I glanced at his chest instead, feeling his eyes burn holes of guilt in mine. "I don't care if you think I'm the bad the bad person, but I just never had people like you guys in my life... So it feels good being around people I can call friends." I said then reached up to my eyes when I felt something tickle them only to notice my finger was wet with tears.