3: A Car ride

"I'm really tired." He breathed out as we were just a half way down the road. I glanced over my shoulder to him and sighed out, pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance.

He's so weak...

"We've only been walking for thirty minutes." I said and chuckled out at how sweaty and fatigued he was. "Thirty more to go! Come on!"

"How old are you again?" He asked as he stopped to breath. I stopped and turned to face him with a pitiful smile.

"Seventeen." I said and he groaned, facing the ground.

"Let me guess, you got a degree in fitness training as well?" He asked and I chuckled, waving my hand over my face.

"You're too modest. No. I almost did. But I didn't want too much muscle on me." I said and tapped my chin in thought. "And I thought about it and decided lecturing was better."

"Wow." He sighed and got up to his feet. "You're like a bag of blessings."

"Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders as cars sped by us. I turned and pointed onwards. "The restaurant awaits!"

"Oh no..." He groaned and I chuckled only to stop when a black alpha romeo pulled up beside us. I narrowed my eyes to see through the tinted glasses, even though I knew it was merely useless.

The windows rolled down and I frowned deeply when it was just Ash. I sighed and glanced towards Peter who seemed about to die with fatigue and fear.

"So you just decided to walk?" He chuckled and I folded my arms, staring down at him in annoyance.

"If there's anything important for you to stop, say it now." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me as he lined his lips into a straight line.

"Why do you like Peter so much? It's your first day and you're clinging on him." He argued and I chuckled, fanning my face with my hand.

"Someone seems to be jealous." I rolled my eyes and pointed at Peter who sat down for a movement to breathe. "Peter is friendly and nice unlike some of you people. I'm protecting him and treating him. As a woman with experience in medical aid, I have to ensure his functional and doesn't fall into unconsciousness." I said and he simply blinked at me.

"You really are a nerd." He sighed and glanced at Peter who flinched and I frowned deeply.

He was so weak.

"I've reconsidered my thoughts and want to give you a ride. So where were you going?" He asked as Peter rushed into the car in seconds. I sighed and walked around the car to the passenger seat up front. Going into the back will let him think I am avoiding him.

I got into the car and his blue eyes couldn't leave me alone for one second.

"You need to have your eyes on the road. How on earth did you get a driver's license?" I asked and he chuckled as he glanced back at the road. "Go to that restaurant."

"So what's your name?" He asked and I leaned against the window and sighed.

"Riley Marker. And I know your name, no need to tell me. Ash Briton." I said and he nodded as he pulled up into the parking lot. "Come to think of it, I need to make a complaint to the president about the distance of the schools to eating joints and as well as lack of school strict gym training." I said in a mummer as I texted on the phone, sending the message to the secretary.

Yes, I have access to the president after I was elected as the outstanding child born with the brains.

"You get access to the president!?" Ash exclaimed and I placed a finger on his lips to shush him while I was typing with my free hand.

I felt him lick my finger and I drew it back in terror and shot him a terrified look.

"Do you know how many bacterial species are out there? You could get infected just licking peoples fingers! You're lucky my personal hygiene is excellent. But that does not comply, I have touched lots of objects like Peter and door handles and folders and chairs, you can't go licking my finger without thinking of your health!" I said and he chuckled to which I furrowed my brows to in complete annoyance.

"What is it with you and facts?" He asked as he opened his door. "Try and live life the easy casual way." He said and I sighed, tapping the send button and turned the screen off as I walked out.

I rushed into the restaurant, feeling my stomach rumble for hunger and made it to the till and stared at the menu order.

"I'll have some salad and a mini Burger please. Make it fast, I'm starving. How long do I have to wai-" I was suddenly shoved aside by Ash.

"We'll have three burgers medium and two boxes of fries. On the go-" he said and I shoved him away.

"Oh no, not on the go, we're eating here." I told the woman and she stared between us uncomfortably. "Do you know it's very unhygienic to eat in the car without proper strategic plans. What if the seats get stained? You expect your mother to wash it everyday for you?" I asked in anger as the woman rushed off, probably avoiding us.

"A maid washes it." He corrected and I rolled my eyes in anger.

"Don't disrespect maid like that idiot." I hissed and grabbed Peter's hand, taking him by surprise and pulling him towards a booth. Ash clicked his tongue behind me but followed anyway.

I put Peter on the seat beside me and sat down as Ash sat opposite me, smiling as though the world around him was butterflies and bunnies.

"Just for you know, I'm not interested in knowing why you're staring at me." I said and he chuckled as he bit his lower lip at me.

"You're really pretty, Riley." He said and I chuckled mockingly as I crossed my arms.

"Thank you for your observation. But I didn't ask for it." I said and he leaned back with a lazy smile to which I knew he felt beaten at his own game as he looked elsewhere but me.