22: One stomach Butterfly

"Ash?" I asked with a fake smile when I noticed he had been silent for a whole ten minutes, just looking at his fingers and scratching against his nails. "Um... It's almost three so we only have two more hours until I leave."

"Oh." He sighed out, running a hand through his hair as he sat up and ran a hand through his hair. "Something just came up. We'll continue this... Date some other day. I could just go drop you off." He said as he stood up and glanced down at me, only to have me frown at him.

"Seriously?" I asked as I stood up and shot him a glare. "You're mad!?"

"Why shouldn't I be?" He asked as I noticed he clenched his fists tightly. "You can't just sit there and accuse me of stopping you from being with someone you love and expect me to be fine with it!" He yelled, catching a few eyes attention. "I have feelings too and mine for you are pretty strong. You keep saying things like that when I'm starting to think you feel something for me and yet you hardly care about me. About how I will feel. I admit it, I'm selfish when it comes to people and I prefer having them act the way I want them to because the way they act to me always hurts." He sighed when a lot of people began to whisper in hushes towards each other and shooting mocking faces towards Ash who was practically humiliating himself.

He clenched his jaw when he must have noticed that the people were gossiping about his unmanliness. He reached over and grabbed my wrist, yanking me from where I was standing and hurriedly led us out of the restaurant.

From the pressure of his grip, I could tell he felt deadly embarrassed. He walked me to the car the opened my door, standing aside to let me get in. I did willingly and he shut the door, walking to the driver's seat.

Once he was in, I couldn't help but feel tension radiating from him as he clenched the stirring wheel.

"I know... I'm being childish." He said after a while of just sitting. "But... I really don't have much friends. The friends I have at school don't really like me as someone to be around with. It's insane I know but the only friend I have is Roman. We're just friends because we grew up together. Otherwise we usually argue and laugh sometimes." He shut his eyes and I could only stare. "My ex Riley, well, she didn't really like me from the start and it was pretty obvious but I only thought she would grow to like me. She pretended to at least, just so she could get some stuff she really wanted."

"So why did she leave?" I asked and he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Because to her, a guy who's never slept with a girl is like using sand to access the internet." He sighed as he turned his eyes to me.

"You've... Never had it before?" I asked, nearly chocking.

He's lying.

"You're lying." I said and he shook his head in denial.

"I know it's weird but it's the truth." He chuckled softly.

"Why? Are you afraid of it?" I asked mostly because I am as well.

"No." He shook his head and stared from me to the restaurant ahead. "I just thought maybe the girl I have will feel special to have me for the first time." He sighed then laughed out as he smacked his forehead. "Turns out nowadays they want the opposite. Because guys who don't have any experience tend to be boring to them. Though... I did try to do my best to research about it a couple of times."

"Not all girls want experienced guys." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. "I for once admire you. You're the least person I would expect to be a virgin." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes as he started the car. "So, where are we off to?" I asked as he drove out of the parking space.

"I'm dropping you off." He said and I frowned deeply, glaring at him.

"You're still mad!?" I asked and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Like I would get over it in seconds." He said. "You didn't even apologise." He whined and I smiled softly.

I guess he really is a child. In a good way I guess. Well it's not annoying either.

"Alright you big oaf. I'm sorry." I chuckled and he smiled slightly, biting onto his lower lip as he stared ahead, watching as he let out a bit of the steam he was holding in. "I'm actually starting to like you Ash." I admitted and he glanced at me for some seconds before looking away in shock.

"Really!?" He asked with excitement in his voice.

"Yeah. I shouldn't lie to you Ash." I sighed as I looked ahead, knowing too well I wasn't telling a lie. I could feel the one butterfly in my stomach. "You're starting to give me butterflies." I said and he chuckled as I saw my house just up ahead. "You're still taking me home!?"

"I was serious about something coming up." He said as he stopped by my gate and glanced at me. "I have stuff to do."

"What stuff?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest to which he rolled his eyes to. "I'm serious I'm not getting our of this car until you tell me why you want to drop me off."

".... Should I tell you everything?" He asked, blushing away to which I rolled my eyes to.

"Yes." I said and he sighed.

"When's your birthday?" He asked and I stared at him.

"Don't try to change-"

"Just tell me. I know it's in this month but when?" He asked and I eyed him for a bit.

"13th." I said and he nodded slowly. "Does it have something to do with your 'stuff'?." I asked and he nodded with a weak smile.

"Yes. Since we just started September I wanted to ask you some time during the day to make sure it wasn't 1, 2 or 3."

"Oops. Might have forced you to spill the beans." I chuckled nervously and opened the door. "I'll be leaving now-"

"Kiss me first." He begged and I stared at him for a moment before sighing and closing the door, leaning in to kiss him. He leaned in as well and our lips touched, forcing him like a command to the brain to deepen the kiss as he slipped his tongue in and brought his hand to the side of my face, bringing me closer to him.

My stomach twisted in a knot and I knew that the feeling I had been feeling since the day he first kissed me wasn't just any feeling, it was actually my attraction for him.

"Bye." He whispered when he broke for air and breathed out.

I leaned away from him and simply sat there, staring as he licked his lips slightly before connecting our eyes.

"Are we still on on Friday?" I asked and he smirked with a small nod of the head.

"I know you can't wait." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes with a playful smile.

"See you then." I closed the door and hurried to the house, not wanting to have the slow-motion-glance-over -shoulder-and-blush type of situation.

I wasn't in a romance novel.