30: Complete breakage.

I noticed his grip tighten on the stirring wheel and yet he had a smile on his face, though I could tell it was so fake.

"Because I didn't know he actually did something like that." He said as he shook a bit. "He might be rotten to the core but I shouldn't be the reason he hates you." He sighed out and I couldn't resist a smile. "I know you didn't like him at first and I hoped I would take the shot. So that's why I was so eager to know who you liked. But Ash seemed so attached to you I thought that maybe if I tried, he would kill me in an instant. That's why I had to ask you out before you ended up liking him a whole lot more. I noticed your character around him changed since the day we played video games and I just got a bit on the edge knowing it might be sooner than I expected. Your eyes looked so relaxed around him than before and I wanted to talk to you at first but Sarah kept on stopping me when I tried, telling me not to upset Ash or I would get hurt."

I blinked for a few times before glancing down at the time on the dashboard, telling me it was well past nine.

Of course Ash would have noticed I wasn't in my room.

"So you like him that much?" He asked and I blushed as I shot him a surprised glance. "I mean... You're rushing to him. Completely shutting me out so you must really like him."

"I don't know." I sighed and laced my fingers together. "I thought I hated him. I wanted to believe so. I'm not really sure why I'm so concerned about this. I mean... I shouldn't right? You were the guy I liked and not him." I sighed and glanced out the window, at the countless lights flashing by.

"I was.... The guy you liked?" He asked in a whisper and I nodded without glancing his way. "... If you told me sooner... We would be together. I mean it's not too late either so..."

"So what?" I asked as I turned to face him in near hope and a bit of thrill.

"If you want... I can be your boyfriend." He smiled sheepishly as he glanced at me for a moment before turning his gaze back to the road.

I grinned as wide as the world could take and opened my mouth to answer the phrase I had been longing to say. 'Yes. I'll be your girlfriend, Peter!'.

Yet it couldn't get out.

I tried to force myself but my subconscious drew me back in and shut my voice in my own body.

"Riley?" He asked when he must have noticed the silence around us and the fact that I did not reply. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I cleared my throat and frowned as I leaned back to the chair, confused at myself.

"So... What's your answer?" He asked and I could tell he had began shivering in his voice once more.

"Let me be honest Peter." I began as I stared at the side of his head. "I want to say yes. Really badly. But my body won't allow me. Maybe this is a wrong time." I frowned and glanced back at the clock on the dashboard.

"It's okay. I understand. We have to clear things up with Ash first." He sighed as well and I glanced out the window only to realise we were in our streets and already so close to my house.

Just outside my fence was a black car with two people standing beside it.

Once I could tell from afar by their physique was definitely Ash and Roman.

"On crap... He made it faster than I thought." Peter said in a mummer and I could only hope to be swallowed by the seat I was on.

Peter stopped the car just across from -- possibly-- Roman's car. I could hear Ash yelling on top of his voice as well as Roman yelling back and throwing his hands in the air.