54: Friday Pickup

The bell rung almost too loudly in my ears and I felt my heart skip a beat, unsure why but it felt something wasn't right and I did not like it.

During the day, I felt nervous and anxious that I couldn't stop thinking about Ash and it made me feel.... Weak.

I never thought there could be a day where I would be terrified of the thought of Ash leaving me. It just didn't fix the bill right.

"So what are you doing this weekend?" Sarah asked as she got up, allowing me to follow.

"My mum told me to look after Rhy at Adrien's place." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "What about you?"

"Just going to stay alone." She chuckled and frowned. "My parents are going abroad from today and the week after. I'll be practically all alone."

"What about your sister, The older one?" I asked and she chuckled a bit.

"She's always at her boyfriend's place." She said then glanced at me for a moment.

"Want to come to Adrien's?" I asked and she paled up almost immediately as she looked away.

"I don't want to be a third wheeler. Adrien might get angry that I'm tagging along." She chuckled nervously as she began to turn red.

"The more the reason to invite you. Maybe Ash won't be so nervous about it." I smiled and she nodded slowly. "What's Peter going to be doing?"

"Alone." She said flatly.

"Why?" I asked a bit curious at how firm she said it.

"He's not talking to me much because he says he's not over you yet but doesn't want to get into your life." She said and I blushed as I looked down at my palms as we made it out of the school doors. "So he wants the weekend to think about it."

"Okay." I nodded, knowing there was nothing I could say. "Have you seen Ash?"

"He left with Riley and her brother during lunch time, I'm not sure they even came back though." She shrugged her shoulders and I frowned only to frown even further when I spotted the all too familiar limo.

Why the limo?

Rhy suddenly appeared from behind me and ran past me with his hands in the air and screaming out Adrien's name as he ran to the car.

"He sure likes Adrien." Sarah chuckled as we began to walk towards them.

"It's just because Adrien gets him things he wants." I rolled my eyes as I noticed Adrien jump out and wrap his arms around Rhy with an excited look on his face. "Plus they are awfully similar."

"I don't doubt that." She nodded in agreement as we finally stopped in front of them still cuddling to each other.

"Oh, miss me much?" He chuckled when our eyes locked as he let go of Rhy and reached out to hug me. I stepped back and held up my hand to stop him from getting closer. "Stiff much." He sighed then redirected his eyes to Sarah. "Hi. Sarah right?"

"You guessed it right." She smiled as they gave an awkward handshake to which he ended within seconds and turned to me with a smile.

"I have a few papers to do. So we better get going now if you want me free tonight." He winked and I cringed my nose with a chuckle.

"Like I care. Plus, Sarah is coming over." I said as I grabbed Sarah's wrist and held her hand up. "Whether you like it or not." He paused for a moment and directed his eyes to Sarah who stiffened beside me under his stare.

"If you think having her around is going to make me uncomfortable, you can keep dreaming." He smirked at me and I frowned at him.

"Did my mum call you?" I asked and he rolled his eyes with a heavy sigh.

"You caught me there." He chuckled then tilted his head to the side a little. "I promised her not to touch you unless you want me to." He said and I chuckled as I pulled Sarah to the limo.

"Alright pretty boy." I sighed out as I got into the car and it wasn't long until he followed in, closing the door and sitting next to Rhy as I sat next to Sarah.

I glanced from Rhy who was now on Adrien's phone to Adrien who was simply staring out the window seeming lost.

A frown slowly faded onto his face and he shut his eyes for a moment as he clenched his jaw.

He wasn't dressed formal today, so maybe he hasn't been to his work place and yet he looked completely drained of energy. He was wearing a simple black large shirt with dark grey denim jeans and some sneakers. Looking good in them anyway.

"Why do you look tired?" I asked and he flashed his eyes open, glancing at me in confusion only to replace it with a smile.

"I'm tired." He nodded then took out a deep breath. "I was up all night clearing out the paperwork for the weekend with Rhy. Since we'll be playing video games I had to be free most of the time."

"You haven't slept?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I'll sleep somewhere this evening." He sighed and I frowned at him. He looked like he was on the verge of death and it was terrible.

"You know that's not a good look on you." I pointed it out and he shrugged his shoulders a bit.

"Someone seems concerned." He chuckled as he smirked lazily. "All this worrying about me makes me want to kiss you. So you better stop." He said as he looked out the window once more, forcing my cheeks to heat up.

I heard Sarah release a big sigh and I know she felt just as uncomfortable as I was.

He eventually shut his eyes and I couldn't be any more grateful as I watched sleep take over him.

Not that he needed the sleep. I was just grateful he wouldn't say more odd things.