52: Ex. Riley

"So Adrien is picking you up after school?" My mother asked as she turned at a corner, driving us to school. I stared down at the white book Ash had given me. It was plain and didn't have anything filled in it. A few pages had photos of me and Ash and a bit of me sleeping. But not much.

Odd.

"Adrien is picking Rhy up. Not me." I said and she chuckled a bit as I glanced at Rhy who only smiled through his large glasses.

"You're going with him." She said and I rolled my eyes as I glanced at her through the driver's mirror, catching her grinning.

"Are you starting to like Adrien?" I asked in near anger as I glared at her eyes when she looked up into the mirror.

"He's funny." She chuckled awkwardly and I frowned at her. "Ash, well Ash is charming and he likes you a lot. But he isn't open and I'm afraid you would get hurt."

"I trust Ash." I said and clenched my teeth as I glanced at the book in front of me.

"I know love, but I don't want Rhy being alone either. I want you to go as his big sister." She said and I sighed as I glanced down at Rhy who still smiled at me.

"Just for Rhy." I sighed and stared out the window as she drove us into the school gates.

"Don't worry love, I'll tell him not to touch you." She giggled and I frowned at her as the car finally came to a stop.

"Even if you tell him. His too ignorant." I rolled my eyes and opened the door. "Have a good day mum."

"You too love!" She chuckled and I sighed out as I shut the door and began to walk away, only to pause when I noticed Ash by his car, talking to a few people who were being blocked by the car itself.

A smile creped up my face as I walked towards him instead.

It wasn't a crime not to be thirty minutes early in class.

I glanced down at my book and smiled slightly as I got even closer.

"Hey Ash!" I called out only to feel a sharp sting and nasty cold chill run down my spin as I spotted Riley, his ex, standing awfully close to him with a wide grin on her face as he spoke to her with a smile on his.

Looking completely normal.

I told myself I wouldn't become jealous over something like a simple ex of someone I like. Still, thinking about how we weren't so close these past few days gets me a bit worried that he might actually start liking her. After all, he wasn't the one that left her. He might still have had feelings even after they broke up.

Standing there made me feel a bit awkward and it seemed to catch a lot of attention from the people that were very familiar of my relationship with Ash and this other Riley person.

"Oh Riley!" Riley exclaimed as she spotted me standing like a cursed statue in the parking lot, getting Ash to turn to look at me as well.

Hardly any surprise rested in his eyes.

"I was waiting for you!" She exclaimed some more as I walked towards them, glaring right into Ash's eyes as I got closer and closer. "You look skinnier than I remember."

"Well, probably because of the calories I burn just kissing Ash." I deadpanned and her smile dropped just a bit but it was still a smile. I wasn't going to go easy on her. She was deliberately in a school she left and was deliberately standing next to Ash when she knew he liked me.

"Don't get me wrong. Riley." She straightened her expression and stopped right in front of me, her height a bit taller than mine and at this point, I was starting to think I was just a short troll. "I can see it you're jealous right now."

"So what?" I asked in near anger as I clenched my fists. "Isn't it normal of girlfriends to get jealous when their boyfriends are talking normally to an ex?" I expressed through gritted teeth as I glared at Ash who eventually looked away and down to his blank phone. Avoiding the conversation.

"Well it's normal." She shrugged her shoulders and smirked. "That's why he's mad at you for cheating on him. Twice." She chuckled and I felt a large lump in my throat.

".... Who told you that?" I asked and she smirked evilly as she directed her eyes to Ash. "Why?"

"He wanted someone to talk to." She sighed and chuckled a bit and I could only pity myself that she was a goddess in front of me and I wouldn't blame Ash if he still liked her as much. "Plus he still likes me, who else would he want to go complaining to?" She asked and Ash cleared his throat, probably deciding it was enough and I didn't disagree with him.

"Why do you always have to talk so much?" Ash asked as he leaned from his car and grabbed his bag from the floor beside his feet. "She's still my girlfriend."

"But you still like me." She deadpanned and I bit my lower lip just to stop myself from punching her.

"You look pretty today." Ash said to me as he circled his hand around my waist and forced me to begin walking, away from her and towards the school.

"Why is she here?" I asked with a glare directed at him.

"She told me she was meeting someone and needed a ride since hers had a problem with the engine." He said and I frowned as I cast my eyes to the ground.

"What she said, do you still like her?" I asked and he tensed uncomfortably as we walked into the building. "I can see it in your eyes. You still like her. A lot in fact." I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair, feeling tears threatened to fall from my burning eyes.  "I mean, she's really hot. Smoking hot and I wouldn't be surprised if you... Like her more."

"So you think she's hot?" He asked with a small chuckle. "Are you straight?"

"Don't change the subject!" I hissed and glared at him. "Tell me the truth, you still like her?"

"Why should i-"

"Answer the damn question!" I yelled out in anger and forced him to stop walking. I was very angry.

Furious. Raged and insane with anger.

I was scared above all. That he would really like her a lot more than me.