18: an indecent human being

"Was that your dad?" Ash asked with a small uncomfortable smile and I nodded as I shut my eyes.

"Annoying as hell." I sighed and glanced at him. "If he would be an evil person he wouldn't exist. He would be the definition of evil."

"Why?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ash, we aren't related so I don't see the reason to tell you my family problems." I said smoothly and he nodded with a sigh.

"I appreciate your boundaries." He chuckled and I nodded, staring out the window. "By the way, I thought you had plans with Peter?"

"What does that supposed to mean?" I asked as I glanced at him.

"Well, for starts, Sarah tagged along." He chuckled lightly and I smiled slightly.

"She's my friend now so I thought she'd tag along." I smirked and he furrowed his brows at me.

"I'm not sure you'll be healthy having friends." He said and pointed towards the back with his eyes and I chuckled slowly, staring at him for a moment, really surprised he'd be concerned with me and Peter's relationship.

"Look at you being a softie for me Ash. It doesn't suit the person I met the first day I came." I teased, though the face he gave me was sort of puzzling.

"What can I say? You bring the good out of a man." He whispered and bit on his lower lip as he turned back to the road.

"Wow, if humans were for sell I bet you'd be one of those 'humans for cheese'. Shred them and they come out cheese strips." I chuckled and he shrugged his shoulders as I heard Peter chuckle from behind.

We reached his place in no time and I was more than glad to get out of the car and into the air. I glanced down at my wrist watch and sighed out, knowing too well we spent an hour just to get here.

I blame Ash for being a slow driver.

"Don't worry. You'll read during the summer holiday." Ash pointed out as he came a stood in front of me, blocking Peter who wanted to open his mouth to say something.

"I'm not worried about that." I said as I glanced up at him. "I'm trying to calculate how much time I have left until my father tracks me down. Right now I have about an hour thanks to your slow driving." I sighed and walked past him, reaching out for Peter's wrist. "Peter come on, we have no time to waste."

I hurriedly rushed up to the house, knowing exactly where his room was from the last visit I made when fixing his torn lip. It didn't take me time to memorise the map of this mansion and I wasn't surprised.

My memory was a hundred percent.

I finally made it in less than five minutes to his room and quickly shoved him in, smiling as I pointed at the TV and game counsel in his room.

"I'm ready." I said and he chuckled as he walked to the game counsel, running through his disc pile to look for a game I could manage probably.

"So Riley." I heard Ash say from behind and I glanced over my shoulder, not bothering to turn my whole body. "Will you be free this Friday night?"

"Since I'm skipping this day reading, I won't be free on Friday." I explained and glanced from him to Peter who suddenly seemed stiff.

"Saturday too?"

"Obviously."

"Sunday?"

"Yes."

"Come on." He whined and I rolled my eyes slightly. "Just one night. Friday night."