Chapter 48

The next day, Inkheart's first day of showing have taken place

The next day, Inkheart's first day of showing have taken place. As expected it was a full house. Based on the sales report, all their tickets are already sold out even for their last performing week. This made everyone from the cast and from the management very happy as their play seems to be successful. All actors and actresses then were all hyped up knowing that there will be a lot of people at the audience watching out for them.

The play started out around 6:00 pm and lasted for two hours. It was unbelievable but even on their first run for this month, the play went on smoothly without any mistakes. After the play ended up to their curtain call, everyone from the audience gave the Inkheart cast a standing ovation. The theater goers were all so delighted to see and watch such a unique story line from an original play. The acting was also top notch, aside from Lea Salonga's perfect portrayal of her role, the other cast members gave their all in giving justice to their characters including Ellie who's just new in this kind of industry.

There were all smiles from people who have fully enjoyed the show. Even the theater critics can't say anything bad about this project as it was a real masterpiece. With Ellie's quality writing, Bobbi's visionary directing and all the cast's efforts in giving life to the characters, this play deserves a five star review. There is no wonder that this musical play would more likely to bag not just local awards but have a high chance to get recognized internationally as well.

And all these made Ligaya delighted in so much joy. She had been very picky for all local projects she'd been accepting for her daughter as not to stain and make sure that the Broadway star's credibility and image will remain to be top class.

"Whew thank God everything turned out so good." was what the elderly said to her son-in-law. Both she and Rob were waiting on the lobby as the cast were all busy with the 'meet and greet' with the fans.

"Yeah. Everyone was great. Even Ellie, it doesn't really look like this is her first time." the Chinese-Japanese man commented.

"Hay. That girl. It's such a shame that her parents are not that supportive in her career despite their daughter being so talented."

"Well, I cannot really object with them. El's an only child after all. They expect her to inherit everything they have.."

"True enough. I just hope that El would be able to become happy on that arranged marriage she was into. Lea had been acting weird since you guys met her parents."

"Yes Ma. You know how El is very important to her. She's like our eldest na. And even if she's not saying it, Lei seems to disapprove of the marriage."

-------

There were a lot of people who bought and participated in the 'meet and greet' portion of the play's closing. Ellie thought that the fans would only go for big shot names such as Lea and Nyoy. But there were actually a lot of people lined up to meet and have a picture with her as well.

It took them almost an hour to finish with the fan meeting. Though exhausted, all smiles can be found on all the artists' and the staff faces. They all feel fulfilled ending their first night with a blast.

As some members already left to go home, the Salonga-Chiens remain to rest at the lounge where they are joined by Ligaya and all other members of the cast. They did this in order to avoid the flock of the people outside the theater and on the parking lot.

Bobbi came to the room together with Ellie as they just finished discussing some admin tasks for the play. Because of the sold out tickets for all their show's performances, the Singapore branch of Atlantis had been wanting to do a run of their play.

And as the script was solely written by Ellie, Bobbi had to get the playwright's permission before he could fully agree on the business proposal by the Singaporean management. After all, it was dictated on Ellie's contract that Inkheart would only be showing here locally in the Philippines. So any run to be made overseas will have to be procured with another agreement from Ellie Rae.

The woman never hesitated in giving the man a positive response, given some adjustments on their original contract. This made Bobbi delighted more than how he should be as their play started with an explosive night.

"Hi, how's everyone?" Bobbi shouts with energy as he enters the room with Ellie in tow.

He was greeted back with all smiles as he sits in one of the couches leaving El in the hands of Nicole. The kid hugged and asked the young woman to carry her on a piggy back ride. The woman gave in to the teenager's request despite being tired from their performance. There's nothing she won't do for this young kid so no matter what Nix' request is, she'll do all her power to have it granted and make the kid happy.

Lea had tried to stop the two as she knew how heavy Nix might be and she doesn't want to put much stress on Ellie's already fragile body. But the latter assured her that she could still lift the kid and if in case she becomes uncomfortable, she will immediately put Nicole down. Everyone could only describe the sight as a wonderful moment between siblings bounded by sincere love from each other.

There was no denying that Nicole and Ellie had been treating each other as if they're real sisters. Everyone could attest how much the young woman loves the teenager as she's been giving her all just to make sure the kid will always feel happy when they're together. And all these are being commended by the kid's parents.

Rob and Lea could not be thankful enough as El had always been so nice to their unica hija. The Broadway star cannot imagine how Nicole would turn out for the moment if she hadn't met Ellie. Her lover actually served as a good role model for the kid, as the former instills so many good things to Nicole, not just teaching the kid on her studies and manners, but also sharing life experiences with good moral values whilst making sure to have fun at most times.

While everyone was admiring the closeness of the two, Bobbi's assistant came in the lounge with a delivery courier with him. The outsider was holding a big bouquet of white roses and was looking for one of the members of the cast.

The director then asked his assistant on why the outsider was there.
"Jimmy, who is he looking for?"

"Boss, there seems to be a delivery for El."

The young woman puts down Nix for the meantime, as everyone looked at her while the courier lets her sign the receiving form before he hands over the big bouquet. The others present are so excited to know where this sweet gesture came from.

The young woman received some teasing from her colleagues. They have never been really aware on what's going on with their writer's love life. This was their first time to see something romantic that Ellie was involved. Everyone was so happy except Lea. She feels hurt deep inside as there seems to be another person who tries to make advances on her protege. The Broadway star knew this was not from Renan as she could see a disappointed look on the man's face all the while this was happening.

Being nosy as she is, Mikki Bradshaw can't help but ask El on whose name was written on the card that was slipped into the flowers.

"Who is it from?" The chubby woman enthusiastically asks.

Ellie looked at the card. There was no name written on it but just one single word saying 'Congrats.'. The young woman became curious too as to whom these flowers might come from.

"It doesn't say. It just says congrats."