Chapter 27

As they continue to chit chat with one another, Lea's presence briefly stopped Renan's conversation with Ellie

The Broadway star sat on her spot earlier, in front of El who also sits on the opposite edge.

Renan asked the singer on how fun was it on the dance floor, since Lea just came from there. The latter just answered plainly making it evident for El that her coach is not really having fun for that night.

Thankfully, Ellie's phone rang making herself excused from the two as she goes outside to answer the phone call.

Renan and Lea was then left with an awkward vibe that envelops their couch. The Broadway star looks at the man closely, whose smiles are still fixated on his face as he get to bond over with Ellie earlier.

"Renan, I have something to ask.."

The man looks up to her as he enthusiastically respond. "Sure, what is it Ms. Lea?"

"Do you really like Ellie?"

It took a minute for Renan to answer the question posed to him. He knew that he must answer Lea with all honesty as she stands as El's guardian and second mom. Though he's not sure if the Broadway star would approve of his growing feelings, he toughened up himself as he answers the singer seriously.

"Yes, Ms. Lea. I like her. If it's okay, I want to get to know her more." The man replied as if asking permission from the star to court Ellie. This made Lea felt more irritated.

"But what if El already has someone she likes?" Lea asked with a stern look on her face. Not wanting to look like she's against the man having affections for her protege, even if she really does, the star asks subtly giving hints that Ellie is inaccessible.

"Well, even if she already has someone she likes, that's fine. I'll just settle to be her friend then. Who knows, if they break up then I might have a chance." Renan bravely states as he wants to let El's 'adoptive mom' know that he's serious in liking the multi-talented young woman.

Lea could no longer keep her cool. She gulped down a glass full of whiskey in one shot as she stands and went to the comfort room. She could not stand the sight of Renan. The Broadway star needs to go somewhere else to remove the image of the man from her mind.

----------

"Hello?"

Ellie tries to listen intently on the voice from the other end of the line. She struggles to get pass through the crowd of people as she head towards the exit.

"Hello ate? Can you hear me better now?"

It was her aunt Faye. It's rare for her maternal aunt to give her a call at this hour as the former is currently at U.S. touring with the band she's handling. And so having contacted her, Ellie thought that something very important came up.