Chapter 43

The following day, Friday, Ellie came on the studio early with her eyes looking swollen

The following day, Friday, Ellie came on the studio early with her eyes looking swollen. She have brought a bag full with a week's worth of clothes as she decided to finally go home that night.

She was informed by her coach the day before that her mother already knew where she is currently staying, so there's no point in hiding as her mom could just easily track and get her.

"Hey, what's with that look?" El looks up to see her partner smiling back at her.

"Hi. Good morning. Why, do I look that awful?" She concerningly asked in response to the man's commentary.

"Nope. You're beautiful as always. There just seems to be a worried look in your eyes." Renan said as he sits beside the young woman.

"Uhh. Yeah. This past few days are just truly exhausting for me."

"Hmm.. I know there's something going on with your personal matters, but if in case you need someone to talk to, or someone to hang out with just for you know.. Have some fun. I'll always be here for you."

"Thank you Renan. How was the workshop session yesterday?"

The man continued to tell Ellie how things are running smoothly in general for the play. He assured El that she doesn't have to worry much about the production as everything seems to go as planned. Though they still have less than two months before they actually start their run, their rehearsals are already showing the fruit of their efforts.

And so their workshop training for today started without a hitch. Despite having a serious talk yesterday, El and Lea remained to behave and act casual for others to believe that everything is alright.

It was on their lunch break when another spectacle happened for the young woman.

"Hey El! Are you no longer grounded?" asked Mikki Bradshaw.

This made most of them look up to Ellie to hear what would be the latest news about her family dilemma. But the woman was actually the most surprised with the kind of question that was imposed to her.

"No, I still am. I still haven't gone home. Why? I'm just actually thinking of going back tonight." El said.

A puzzled look was painted on Mikki's face which makes the others curious.

"Well, I remember you said you left your car back at your home right?"

"Yeah. I wasn't able to bring my car with me when I ran away."

"The thing is, that car is actually on the parking lot right now."

Ellie's eyes widen with what she heard from the chubby girl. It should be a mistake for the latter to see her convertible there as it was left on her garage back home.

"Are you sure about that Mikki?" Lea asked Nyoy's wife. She is pretty sure herself that El hasn't brought her car as she sometimes chauffeur the young woman to her hotel.