Chapter 35

As the Inkheart cast ended their workshop session for the day, the group decided to have another night at a bar

As the Inkheart cast ended their workshop session for the day, the group decided to have another night at a bar. Bobbi had given them a work off tomorrow as he announced that from now on, they'll be only having thrice a week sessions for rehearsals.

The whole cast decided to spend the night at 12 monkeys to have a jamming session rather than what they had last time. In this way, despite burning their insides with alcohol, they would still be having a relaxing vibe.

As they start deepening the night and have their conversations, other customers can't help but look at their direction as their table was star studded. Aside from the presence of the Broadway star, there were familiar faces like Nyoy Volante, his wife Mikki Bradshaw, Gerald Santos, Renan Ferrer, and of course Ellie Rae Martinez.

The other people's collective murmurs have come to attract the attention of the bar's manager who happens to be talking with Bobbi Garcia right now.

"Who were you talking to just now?" Mikki asked their director who had just taken his seat back.

"Oh, that was the manager."

The Broadway star joined in on the conversation as she's curious on what their talk was all about.

"What did he say?" Lea asked.

Bobbi smirked mischievously as he shares the offer made by the bar manager. "Well, it seems that you guys' presence are causing a stir among the other patrons."

"Huh? What do they mean?" Nyoy butts in.

"Hold on. Don't take it the wrong way. The manager said that there are a lot of customers asking them if it's possible to have some of us perform at the vacant stage."

All the members of the group looked at each other then onto Bobbi.

"Of course, they offered something in return with it. The manager told me that all our tabs will be on the house if we give in to their request. You know, just few songs will do."

"Isn't that quite a catch? We'll help Bobbi save money and have it added to next time's night out." Renan said.

Everyone laughed at the man's commentary joke except for Ellie. Money's really not an issue for her. She's actually willing to pay for them if that will save them any trouble. The young woman remained smiling as she stares at everyone's excitement.

"Okay, now since most of us agree, who would like to volunteer for the stage?" Bobbi asked everyone as he looks at them one by one.

It was a given that Lea would be performing as she's the most anticipated of them all. But as to give respect to her stature, Bobbi would only limit her to one or two songs at most. And so, he requires for two more artists to give grace on the stage.

"Well, I'd like to add in on the fun but I don't think they'd appreciate my drunk voice up there. Nyoy laughed.

Gerald Santos passed on the ball as his repertoire does not fit in to the place. That leaves three options for the director to choose from. He has Mikki, Renan and Ellie. Bobbi wanted to save Lea for the encore part so he needs to choose two among the three. He can't afford to have all of them sing as it was not actually the reason they went here.