Chapter 17

"Direk Ellie!" 

"Direk Ellie!" 

Both Bobbi and El turned to see who was calling the young woman's name. It was Kim Molina, one of the cast from the movie Ellie had just directed. The artist had come to respect and love El with how professional and how talented she is in which Kim had personally seen during their shootings. The "jowable" celebrity hugged Ellie and greeted the man beside her. 

Kim complimented how beautiful the young woman's house is. 

"I'm glad you were able to come." 

"Of course, how can we decline yours and Ms. Lea's invitation?" Ellie smiled at the young artist's statement. After greeting and a brief chit chat with her, Kim excused herself to mingle with others. Ellie then continued her conversation with Bobbi.

"Are you not really going with the team's rehearsals?" asked the bearded man. 

"I don't think I'm much needed there."

"That's not true. They're actually looking up to you. So seeing your presence during practice would pretty much boost their confidence. "

-----------------

All the guests and the hosts of the party alike, have enjoyed the evening with good food, quality wine and meaningful conversations with one another as they mingle with others present. 

As most of them are trying to digest all of their intakes, Aga had requested for Lea to sing as they see the Grand Piano placed on the living room. Despite being a little tipsy, the Broadway star had given them her grace as she accommodates her leading man's request. 

Gerard took his seat on the piano as her older sister stands beside her leaning on to the piano herself. Everyone cheered before having total silence to give room for Lea's singing to be echoed throughout the room. She had chosen to sing Part of your World and had a duet with her brother for the song Happiness. 

As the singer finishes her song, everyone clapped their hands to give her and her brother a round of applause. Her voice can never be compared to anyone else. Her perfect pitch and clarity is unparalleled that makes all the listeners fall in love with any type of song she sings.

As the Salonga siblings get off from the piano, a member of the crowd has unanimously suggested for Ellie to sing as well. Everyone had come to agree as they cheer on her name.

Ellie, who had been standing on one corner together with Ligaya, felt all gazes surround her. Even being the master of this house did not save her from this request. The elderly woman just told her to go with it as it has been a long time since she had performed for a crowd.

"Oh nuts." El felt defeated in having to give in with her guests.

She took a seat in the grand piano, felt the keys with her small soft hands as she took a gulp. The crowd which composes of big names from the industry, as well as their colleagues from the movie had been waiting patiently for Ellie to open her mouth and sing. There are some who have taken out their phones to capture this moment. Even her very own coach, Lea Salonga has been recording this seemingly rare performance of hers.