Chapter 20

Saturday; the next day, Ellie's just at home waiting for Nicole to stop by

It has now become a routine for the teenager to spend her Saturday staying over at her ate El's place to play and bond together with the young woman she looks up to.

Ellie had already commissioned one of the rooms at her home for Nicole's exclusive use. She had it designed and furnished with colors and things that the teenager likes, as Nix frequents her place. In this way, whenever the kid sleeps over, she will have her own room and will always feel at home.

Rob and Lea feels touched with this gesture from El. That just proves how their daughter means a lot to the young woman. And so, early in this morning, the Broadway star goes by to her protege's place to drop her daughter who excitedly gets in their car. After a few minutes, the mother and daughter tandem finally reached El's white mansion and Nicole entered the main door running.

"Ate El!!"

The young woman welcomed them as she hugged the teenager. Nicole went straight to the living room and sat in one of the couches as El and her mother goes to the kitchen.

Lea puts down a bag of chips she brought down for them to munch on later on as Ellie serves her a cup of tea she just brewed.

"Have you heard from mom?" the Broadway star asks her protege as she takes a sip of the tea El prepared for her.

"Yeah. She called me last night." A sign of displease painted the innocent angel-like face of the young woman. Their manager; Lea's mom, Ligaya had called her up last night as to convince her to take on the vacant role on the play she just wrote for ATG.

As Ellie declined Bobbi the first time he talked her out of it, the director then decided to get help from the elderly Salonga. He knew that if it's Ligaya, she can convince El to accept the role.

And so, Ellie had been left with no choice but to humor the old woman's request.

"Can't you talk them out of this?" El asks her mentor with pleading eyes. Lea could only see how the young woman is so against the idea of being part of the cast. As much as she agrees with El's reasoning on declining the offer, she could not also deny that Bobbi has a point. Ellie knows the play at the back of her hand; so memorizing the lines for the role will just be a piece of cake.

As for the other requirements, El is actually a perfect fit. Since the role is a pair-up with Renan's character, the lady should be at least 5"2 in height, with fair skin and have a pretty face. And all these are just the same qualities Ellie have. El also has a talent in singing which is a must since their project is a musical play.

"I tried. But they actually have a point in choosing you to replace Kayla. So I could not contest."

The young woman just let out a deep heavy sigh as she puts down plates on the kitchen island. She had prepared a small breakfast feast for the three of them.