Chapter 28

After Bobbi finishes his cigarette, he invited El back inside as her coach has been looking for her

When they arrived at their couch, it seems everyone's exhaustion from the day's practice has dawned on them as they are all settled down.

Seeing that their whiskey bottle are still at half contents, Ellie poured herself a glass as she gulped it down in one shot.

Mikki, who has been resting as her husband Nyoy leans on her shoulder comments with concern. "Hey El, aren't you supposed to drive later on? You might get drunk."

Ellie just smiled at the woman. She poured herself another shot as she gives her response. "It's okay, I rarely get drunk. I have high alcohol tolerance."

Knowing that she would no longer enjoy the evening, Lea asked her protege if she's willing to go home already. The young woman instantly agreed as she helped the Broadway star get up from the couch. They both then bid their goodbyes to everyone.

"Aww.. Going home already?" Mikki said as she pouts her lips.

Renan could only smile as he held his hand up as if waving to the both of them.

Bobbi bezos Lea and El as the man tries to whisper something on the latter's ears.

"No matter what bothers you, just remember that you are such a talented person that people loves. You drive safe okay?"

The young woman could only thank the director as she gives everyone a smile before leaving the place. Her coach has already made her way through the crowd so Ellie had to walk fast to catch up to her.

Lea handed El the car keys as they arrive at the parking lot. Her protege opened up the car door for her as she settled on the passenger seat. Ellie then went around and took the driver's seat and made sure Lea's seat belts were locked on.

She looked at her coach who still has a serious face. "Are you ready to go home coach?"

"Yeah."

Ellie drove with just the right amount of speed. Not too slow, but not too fast either. She turned on the radio for them to hear some songs while they trail along the heavy traffic roads of EDSA.

It was an awkward situation for the both of them. They knew that neither of each other had truly enjoyed the night.

The silence between them almost suffocated Ellie as she's not used to having silent treatment from anybody. It was her phone ringing that broke the eerie vibe around them.

As her hands are tied up to the steering wheel, El's having difficulty taking out her phone from her pocket as the call kept on ringing. This made the Broadway star speak for the first time during their trip.

"Let me get it for you." Lea reaches out Ellie's Iphone from her front pocket as the latter continues to keep her focus on the road.

Lea looked at the phone screen to check the name on who's calling her protege. "It's Martha."