Chapter 49

Their Sunday show just went as smoothly just like their previous one

Their Sunday show just went as smoothly just like their previous one. It's as if it was like a repeat result of their performance and success.

As expected, it was again a full house and compared to yesterday, there were more audience participants who joined in on their 'meet and greet' portion. 

As it was their last performance for the week, many columnists and news reporters have gathered during the fan meeting. These media personnel had bought these premium tickets as well, for a chance to get a short interview and photo ops with the cast of these wonderful play.

As most regular theater goers have been gone, leaving just few civilians and some of the journalists in line to have a moment with big stars such as Lea Salonga, a mysterious man was seen approaching Atlantis' talented young writer.

All eyes were on him as he walked towards Ellie with such confidence. He was of a fair skinned, around 5"6 tall, good looking and exudes the aura of a sophisticated man. The man wears a light blue long sleeves polo underneath a dark navy suit jacket and pants.

The Inkheart cast who were seeing this spectacle can't help but murmur and feel kilig as they already have an idea on whom the man is going to. The unknown man was holding a big bouquet of beautiful white roses. It was the same kind they just saw delivered last night.

Ellie on the other hand, was stuck frozen as she saw the man from the distance. Though others' eyes were full of enthusiasm, Ellie's were bitten with grief.

As the man stopped just right in front of Ellie, he handed her the flowers while smiling. Having no choice and not wanting to make a fuss for all the people looking, she reached out her hands for the flowers that are being offered to her. The man then moved closer to her and gave her a kiss on the cheeks then hugged her, which made others come up with a speculation.

"What are you doing here?" El said to the man as she gently breaks off the hug.

"To congratulate you of course."

Ellie could see the expectant eyes of the spectators around them. Though they are not saying anything at all, the young woman could feel that they were all waiting for her to introduce the man. El feels uneasy as she knew that the moment she say anything about this mysterious man, it could already be included in tomorrow's news. 

Her manager, Ligaya Salonga, had also been present to see this spectacle which prompted the elderly to inquire on who this man might be. As her representative, the Broadway star's mom felt like she had to know who dares to act so close with her talent. She went to where Ellie is and asked who her friend is. 

"Oh Ellie, who's this good-looking friend of yours?" asked the elderly Salonga. 

The young woman speaks with a lowered voice not to make everyone hear what she is about to say. 

"Tita, this is Darren Santillan. He is.."

Before El could finish her words, the man already extended his hands to Ligaya for a handshake. He smiled at the elderly before properly introducing himself that made everyone's eyes widen up. "Hello ma'am. I'm Ellie's boyfriend." The man said it in a way that people around could hear.