Chapter 46

For the past month and a half, all the cast of Inkheart were all busy preparing for their play which will be starting this week.

Their rehearsals are now done and Bobbi Garcia could only say that everything's already perfect.

All the artists have been in part of their promotional marketing to invite all theater patrons and fans to come and watch their show.

Mikki, Nyoy, El and Renan have been guesting different shows at local TV networks to promote the said play. Good thing for Ellie, she is not really bounded by any contract and so, she was able to have guesting on either Abs-Cbn or GMA.

Every TV appearance she had was with Renan, as they are partners not just in the roles but also for the artists' promotional dissemination that their marketing team has assembled. Almost every show they were in had requested for the duo to sing in which the two had complied. The hosts were all delighted as the two are very accommodating when it comes to their interviews.

Truly, for these past several weeks, Ellie and Renan have become closer to each other as they spent more time together. El have come to appreciate how kind and how gentleman Renan is. She's so happy to have a man friend like him as the guy never fails to give her a laugh whenever she is with him.

As for the Broadway star, she only appears on the press-cons staged by Atlantis' management in announcing their upcoming play. She sometimes agree to do quick interviews for showbiz segments for the afternoon and evening news, but that was about it. Ligaya Salonga had minimized her guesting in TV as to maintain her top star status.

Lea had become more serious when it comes to work and had been less loud with people since her 'break-up' with Ellie. Though they still act and meet casually, there were less intimate interaction between them. It's just like they became a normal coach-protege with each other.

El still fulfills her promise with Nicole to spend a weekend with her, playing or doing anything the kid likes. Whenever there were social engagements wherein Lea was invited, Ligaya asks Ellie to accompany the singer.

It was kind of awkward but the two are trying hard to be themselves and to retain the good relationship they both have. They sometimes text each other with their 'I love yous' but that makes both of them cry silently in pain, so those kind of messages have become lesser and lesser as weeks go by.

--------

"Hey El, you ready?" Renan asks his talented partner as they prepare from the backstage of Showtime. Today's going to be their last guesting to promote Inkheart as tomorrow, Saturday, will be their very first day of showing.

Atlantis will have the Inkheart showcased at The Theater at Solaire in Parañaque City for the next four weeks. It will be a simultaneous show every Saturdays and Sundays. The tickets are almost sold out as there are only few seats left on their fourth week schedule. And so, all the cast are so excited for everyone to see the fruits of all their efforts and hard work.

This includes the upcoming star Ellie who had always been nervous whenever they are about to appear in a live guesting.

The Showtime management decided to have a separate segment wherein she and Renan will provide a performance number before the hosts actually interview and let them promote their project.

"Yes, I think so. I'd never really get used to this kind of things." she smiled at the man.

After few more minutes, Dumbo, the stage assistant, had assisted them to enter through the stage design as Amy Perez, one of the hosts, introduced their names to the crowd.

There were a lot of cheers as the audience gave them a round of applause.

As the music starts, Renan opened up the song smiling.

It feels like we've been friends forever, yeah
And we always see eye to eye
The more time we spend together
The more I wanna say what's on my mind

Take it easy
'Cause it ain't easy to say

I wanna be more than friends
I wanna tell everyone you're taken
And take your hand until the end
I wanna be more than friends

At the risk of sounding foolish
I don't wanna fool around no more
If we're gonna do this then let's do this
You can fix my broken heart if it's all yours

So take it easy
'Cause it ain't easy to say

I wanna be more than friends
I wanna tell everyone you're taken
And take your hand until the end
I wanna be more than friends

I'm asking you to be my baby
I'm giving you my heart, don't break it
I'm crushing and I'm going crazy
Either way I know we'll make it

Take it easy
It ain't easy to say
I'll take it easy (I'll take it easy)
It ain't easy to say

I wanna be more than friends
I wanna tell everyone you're taken
And take your hand until the end
I wanna be more than friends (Friends)
I'm asking you to be my baby (Asking you to be my baby)
I'm giving you my heart, don't break it (Giving you my heart, don't break it)
I'm crushing and I'm going crazy (Hey)
Either way I know we'll make it (I know, I know, I know we'll make it)

(Song title: More than Friends by Jason Mraz and Meghan Trainor)

Everyone were all clapping as the duo finished their number. Even the likes of Gary Valenciano, Rey Valera, Jed Madela, Karylle and K Brosas who were all sitting on the hurados' panel gave the two a standing ovation.

The two artists were able to hype up all the audience with their energy and captivating voices. There is no denying that Renan and Ellie have a good stage chemistry.

Once again, Renan and Ellie's name were introduced as the main hosts re-enter the stage.

As all the cheers have settled down, one of the hosts teased the duo because of the lyrics of the song they sung.

"I have a question.. Are you two dating?" asked Vice Ganda.

The audience roared in unison as they showed how they are too excited about knowing Ellie's love life. Them too, could not deny how good the two look together.

All the hosts and the hurados are all smiling as they look at the duo on stage. It was obvious that Renan is blushing. He could not hide the fact that he is also feeling kilig when others are trying to pair him up with the talented young woman. El on the other hand, is just playing it cool and sport. She fully understand that this kind of situation will occur especially that she has entered the world of show business.

As everyone hushed down to hear their answer, it was El who broke the ice.

"No we're not. But we're friends and good colleagues." The woman smiles as she gives them the truth yet safe answer that will still be good to hear for Renan's ears.

"Aww.." was what the audience said in chorus.

Mischievous as he is, Vice Ganda did not let Renan off. Since the young writer had already confirmed that there's nothing going on between them, he then asked the man if he has any inclination towards El.

"Now, let's go ask Renan. Renan, I know everyone can agree that El here is one of the most ideal bachelorettes here in showbiz. Beautiful face, smart brains, good singing voice, talented writer and now a promising theater actress, have you not thought of courting her?"

Everyone cheered again as Vice Ganda teases Renan with El.