Chapter 2

As there is no season run for this year's The Voice, Lea's schedule has been free as she prefers it to be. Now that her favorite protege is back in the country, the Broadway star decided to postpone all plans for a tour, as she wants to spend time with Ellie more.

She had waited for her to be back for almost half a year. Even her daughter Nicole had been excited now that her Ate El is back. For the past month, their family had been constantly inviting the young woman on different engagements, may it be on lunches, on their occasional hangout at amusement parks or sometimes dinner with their close friends. Rob had gotten used to having El as per request of his wife and daughter tandem. As the man gets to know more how kind and how nice Ellie's personality is, he had also come to love El as his adoptive daughter. 

And today is just like any of the past days. Lea had agreed to meet with her friend Bobbi Garcia over a round of drinks as she tags along El for the night. 

They decided to meet on the same bar where Ellie brought over Team Familea after their rehearsals before. 

Bobbi was already there when the two came. Ellie had to fetch her mentor on her home in Alabang so they can go together on the bar at the same time. 

Lea greeted the bearded director with a hug and a peck on his cheeks as Ellie shook hands with him. They took their seats as the server asked for their orders. 

This would be the second time that El gets to meet this director in person. She was invited by her coach as Bobbi would like to discuss about creating a play with the talented young writer. 

Atlantis Theatrical Group plans to run an original play by next year and its artistic director, Bobbi, would like to employ the talent of Ellie to be the playwright. 

"So what do you say El, would you have the time to spare on this project? Asked Bobbi.

Lea just gave her companion a glance as she took a sip of her margarita. The young woman then smiled as she responds.

"Yeah sure. I don't really have anything to do these days."

"That's because you've been disregarding all work offers for you." Lea interjected. "Wait 'till mom hears this, dadakdakan ka nun. Haha." (she'll give you a scolding)

"Would this pose as a problem for tita Ligaya?" Bobbi curiously asked.

"No, not really. It's just that Ellie has been getting a lot of offers from both ABS and GMA in regards of writing a drama  script. But this lady here has been snubbing all of it."

"It's because they both want me to be exclusively writing for them. And I don't want that kind of setup. I want to be fair for both parties. I'd like everyone to be able to get a share of my work."

This made the bearded man's respect for Ellie rise up. If it were others, they would greedily accept an exclusive contract as it would beget better benefits than staying freelance. But it seems monetary benefits and privilege does not really matter to the young writer, what's more important for her is for everyone to have access on a good quality masterpiece she can bring about.

Bobbi Garcia's desire to work with Ellie had strengthened more. 

"And besides, I already have available drama scripts I could give once I accept any work from them. So time is really not an issue. However, let me ask you this Bobbi; who is your target audience?"

The man was taken aback by Ellie's question. He hasn't been able to move on yet with absorbing the idea that El had already scripts reserved for a television drama. And now this girl is already getting into details for their upcoming project. Just how dedicated this woman is into writing? He thoughts to himself. 

"Uhm.. I haven't really thought about it yet, since we don't have any narrative so far."

"Hmm. Creating the narrative is as easy as pie. As long as you have decided on who your target audience will be, we could easily come up with the plot of the play we can do." Ellie gave both a smile as she took a bite of the calamari she ordered. 

------------

And so, the three continued their liquor night as they have casual conversation with what's happening in the entertainment industry. 

It took them about two and a half hours before they got enough of it. Bobbi then said goodbye to the two ladies. 

"Should I bring you home now?" Asked El as they walked towards the bar's front door. 

"I actually told Rob that I'll be sleeping over on your place. That is if it's okay with you." The Broadway star teases the young woman. It's been long since she had been in El's place.

Ellie just smiled at her mentor. She had already been used to Lea's antics. Her relationship with the singer has already improved to the point that the latter had been very vocal about her true nature with El. 

"Okay. I'll just get the car." 

Ellie went to the parking and circled around to stop by in front of Lea. The world class singer could not help but be in awe with Ellie's ride. It was a 2020 Mini Cooper convertible. It was the same vehicle she saw and got amazed when she had her first sleep over on Ellie's condo unit way back their 'The Voice' days. Its body color is in turquoise while its bonnet stripes, roof and mirror caps are in black. It's so beautiful and compact and just about the right car for a woman like El. 

As Lea enters the car the second time for this day, she still could not help herself but feel amazed

As Lea enters the car the second time for this day, she still could not help herself but feel amazed. Normally even before she left the country, El had always been commuting as she does not like to drive along EDSA. But today was an exception as she had to fetch the Broadway star from her home, and Lea does not really like taking taxis or grab. So El had no choice but to drive herself. 

Lea knew that Ellie is financially well-off but not to this extent. Just the price of her pad would reach up to tens of millions and her car would just be about five million pesos alone. The Broadway star can't help but be curious on as to what El's family background is. 

"Are you all set?" Ellie asked her coach as she made sure that both of them had their seat belts on. 

"Yep."

Ellie then drove off to her pad. It will just be a quick ride as the distance of her pad from the bar will only be about half an hour drive.