Chapter 10

Three weeks have passed since Lea and the crew got back to the Philippines

Her protege and the editing team took no leisure time in compiling all the recorded scenes and finalizing them all in one single roll. Ellie worked non stop in making sure that the completed film will look just perfect on the big screens. And now that the movie's premier is just about a week and a half from now, the whole ensemble cast of TOTGA held a press conference at Seda Vertis North's Ballroom to promote and answer some of the questions prepared by reporters coming from different media agencies.

This was attended by all celebrities casted on the movie; Lea Salonga, Aga Muhlach, Dawn Zulueta, Ian Veneracion, Richard Yap, Liza Soberano, Alden Richards and Kim Molina. Of course, Ellie Rae Martinez is also in the panel as she served as the writer and director of the film.
Though people had already known that she produced this project, she strictly asked for the event host not to introduce her as such.

The conference started at 10:00 am in the morning without any delay. People have been excited to interview the people behind this film as to finally, after twenty five years, they'll once again get to see the tandem of Lea Salonga and Aga Muhlach. But aside from that fact, today has also become the first major press interview that Ellie had agreed to participate in.

Since her return in the Philippines from her surgery, the young woman had been dismissive when it comes to interviews. Though she does not reject fans' request to have a photo with her whenever they come across her in public, the talented young woman has yet to appear in television nor in prints.

And so, after some of the big stars with her had finished answering the questions from the press; it was now Ellie's turn to be on the limelight. Reporters have lined up to get the chance to ask her about her personal life rather than about the film they're here for today.

"El, now that you're back here in the Philippines, are you planning to stay permanently?" this question was raised in reference from what happened last year when Ellie unexpectedly quit The Voice competition because of an illness.

"Uhm. I'm not really sure. All of my family had already migrated overseas,  so my future plans are not definite yet."

Another reporter then asked her about returning to the music scene.
"Do you have any plans for launching an album or possibly making a concert tour together with Coach Lea?"

Ellie looked closely at the female reporter who posed that question. She was from Abs Cbn Network. "No, not really. I just don't think I'm capable to join the myriads of talent in the music industry. Writing is what I live for now."

El starts to have the feeling of discomfort as the questions being asked from her are not related to the movie they're promoting. She feels a little bit pissed off as the attention from the film is being diverted and inclined to her instead. She gave a quick glance at the event host which the latter took as a hint to interject.