Chapter 5

Ellie slowly parked her car as they arrive at the driveway of Ligaya's home in Paranaque. 

As soon as Nicole and Lea got off, they went inside the house's doorway to greet the elderly woman. El followed to say hello to her-now manager and to get permission from Lea to circle around the city as she waits before she take the mother and child home. 

"Where are you going?" Asked Lea's mother. "Don't leave, it's best that you're here while we discuss things." Her tone was so serious making the young woman felt compelled to stay at the premises. 

The three then sat down as they huddle themselves in the living room while Nicole busied herself with the Television. 

There, Ligaya had told Lea about Aga accepting the leading man role in the movie that El had written. The elderly has already shown a copy of the manuscript to the man and he instantly agreed. Now what's left for this film to be realized is getting an executive producer and a production company that will handle all administration tasks. 

Ellie then assured the two Salongas that those areas are already covered up and prepared. She just asked for them to setup a schedule so they could have a script reading session and to discuss all details with all the upcoming cast members. 

The two Salongas were a bit surprised knowing that there's already a production firm that will take care of everything else. But that didn't become an issue of doubt from Lea and Ligaya as they knew El had already worked with different major networks for her own drama projects. Thus, making the young woman acquainted with production executives.

"Alright that's settled then. We'll have it scheduled once Lea had already decided on who she wants to work with as its director." said their manager.

"Well, I already have someone in mind. I just have to convince that person but I don't think it would be a problem. I'm very close with that person after all." Lea just gave a mischievous smile which made her two companions curious and puzzled.

"You have to be there on the reading El, okay?" Lea sounded demanding rather than asking her protege. 

"I don't think I would be much needed, but yeah sure."

-----------------

After about two weeks organizing all the artists that will be cast on the movie, the reading session had been scheduled and is being held at one of Shangrila Plaza hotel's function room. 

Participants included were none other than the actors and actresses that will be part of the film

Participants included were none other than the actors and actresses that will be part of the film. Spearheaded by Lea Salonga and Aga Muhlach, Ian Veneracion, Dawn Zulueta, Richard Yap, Liza Soberano, Alden Richards and Kim Molina were there, to name a few. 

They were all present together with each one's manager. And of course, Ellie was present at the place, being the one who mainly organized this event.

All artists and their representatives are now seated, the event coordinator made sure there were enough chairs for the managers to be sitting beside their talents. Even head staff members for the filming were invited to attend the reading session. This was strictly requested by El as she doesn't want to have any hierarchy showing on the room. She wants to make everyone be seated equally with others. 

The host coordinator then started the agenda with an opening prayer and then introduced everyone right after. The actors have each stated their names and the roles they'll be playing as they speak with their microphone. As everyone had been introduced, Ligaya was kind of worried as there were two key roles that are yet to be there. 

The elderly woman then asked her daughter who the director would be as deciding who it is, was entirely up to Lea. Everyone's eyes turned towards the direction of the Broadway star. As she felt all the gazes, Lea then announced the name of who she wants to take charge of the film.

"Oh, well this is gonna be her first time directing. But as you can see, the script is written so good so it should not be a problem even if it's going to be her directorial debut."

Everyone just remained focused on Lea's words. Indeed they have agreed on doing this project since the material is superbly written. Regardless who the film director is, they do not really care much since they have big respect for Lea's choice as well. But this makes Ligaya and Ellie feel otherwise. 

"She's already here with us, our film director will be no other than our writer itself, Ellie Rae Martinez." Ellie unconsciously cleared her throat as her - drinking water from the glass, had been interrupted by this shocking announcement from her mentor. The other people present there gave a round of applause as they turn towards El's direction, waiting for her to give some words.

As for Lea's mom, she could just let out a sigh in return of this yet another shocking antics of her daughter. 

"What are you thinking, are you out of your mind?" Ellie asked Lea who is just sitting beside her. The young woman turned off her microphone making sure to minimize the number of people that could hear them. 

"Nope. I'm dead serious here."

"We both know that I don't have any experience making a movie, and you're making me direct this important film? God, Lea take back your words." She no longer know what she feels. This was not part of the plan she had long organized. Ellie had wanted Lea's comeback movie to be perfect and to be top notch so making her the director would be outrageous and out of the question.

"Come on. You were the one who entirely wrote the script. How would your vision for this work be materialized if somebody else would spearhead this film?" Lea did not even bother turning off her own microphone so the other celebrities present were able to hear her reasoning. Fortunately, the Broadway star's logic is realistic and acceptable, making the other artists agree on having the talented writer as their director. Nevertheless, they find the movie plot so promising that's why they agree to star on this project. So who ever the director and the other staff would be, won't really be an issue and will be totally fine for them. 

"Yeah, that sounds just. I'm looking forward working with you Direk Ellie." Aga interjected making her leading woman laugh upon hearing El's new title as Direk.

--------

And with that, the film's chief of staff then discuss the time frame of their project; as well as the schedule and locations of their shooting. Participants present were just in awe upon learning where these places were; they are even going to have an international shoot with one of the scenes. This project just proves to be a big one as it is going to be one of the most highest budgeted film to be shown for this year. 

As Ligaya realized how big of an investment is needed to make sure all preparations are to run smoothly, she asked Ellie on who the executive producer will be.

Again, all eyes were onto Ellie's. They have been wondering now on whether this project will be under Viva Films, Star Magic or Regal. Since those were just a few of the big shot names in film producing industry.

"Oh, that.. It's gonna be me."

With Ellie's voice being heard all over the function room they were in, it was now Lea's turn to be shocked with the revelation that just happened.