Chapter 47

"Have you not thought of courting her?"

---------

Vice Ganda's question stirred loud cheering from the audience. Ellie could only smile as they were put on the spot by the comedian host.

Good thing, Renan is game with all this kind of stuff.

"Who knows? El is actually such a nice woman. Just like you said she's kind of a perfect girl any man could ever dream of."

Everyone at the Showtime studio went gaga as they hear the man's response. People were all rooting for them since both of them are single and they look together on stage and on screen. Though some may think that the man's reply were all just part of their promotions for the play, little did they know that Renan actually likes Ellie.

He had been in a total bliss for the past several weeks as he get to know and bond more with the young woman. Over the course of their rehearsals, all the awkwardness they have especially with practicing their kissing scene have been all gone.

It has already became normal for him to casually send a private message to the young writer and invite her out for meals from time to time.

"OH. MY. GOD. Nakakakilig!" Anne Curtis commented. It was her first time seeing El and Renan personally but she feels it too cute to see the duo. She could only admire how good looking Ellie is. Looking at their guest, the actress-host can't help but notice how elegant the woman can be despite of wearing only a pair of denim pants with a simple white shirt underneath her denim jacket.

Anne knew too well where the woman's clothing pieces came from as she had seen those designs in a boutique she went on Paris last year. Ellie's two tone jacket and her slim fit destroyed pants came from Givenchy and would cost around 130,000 php. The young writer partnered it up with a Spectrum two tone knitted sneakers from the same luxury brand and a simple white top from Valentino.

"Naks. El, if in case, does Renan have a chance to win your heart?" Amy Perez asks the woman.

"I don't know. I really don't know." the way El responded is just like how her coach answers interviews whenever the latter is being asked of things she haven't thought of yet.
"But what I could guarantee is that our characters in Inkheart are a couple who are deeply in love with each other."

After a bit more teasing, Renan and Ellie were now given the chance to promote their play for tomorrow.

"Hello madlang people, we would like to invite you guys to come and watch Atlantis Entertainment Group's production of Inkheart at The Theater at Solaire which will be showing every weekends starting tomorrow up until the end of the month."

Renan then continued what the young woman said by telling on the names of their co-stars on the project.

"Of course this is going to be spearheaded by no other than Ms. Lea Salonga. We are also going to be with Nyoy Volante, Mikki Bradshaw, Gerald Santos, Esang de Torres and the stageplay is directed by Mr. Bobbi Garcia."

"Alright, once again let's give it up for El and Renan!"

"Thank you madlang people, thank you It's Showtime!"

After that, the two went backstage straight to the guests' dressing room to grab on their things.

As it was already 2:00 and they haven't had any lunch yet, the man invited Ellie to have some meal together before departing on their own separate ways. They went to the nearest mall and decided to eat on a fast-food restaurant as they both had been craving for burgers.

Though a lot of people have recognized Ellie, they have given the woman her privacy and let her eat without any interruptions.

"Hey, El.. There's something I want to ask.." Renan says nervously as he looks onto the woman's eyes.

"Hm? What is it about?"

The man took all the courage he can muster as he asks Ellie about something he had kept to himself for a long time now.

"What if.. What if I did what Vice said..?"

"What do you mean?" El became uneasy as she felt where this conversation might lead to.

"Well, the truth is.. I like you Ellie. I mean, I like you more than how a friend and a colleague should.." the man waited for her response as his eyes were pleading with a positive reply.

"Renan I'm not sure how I should respond.." El stopped eating for a while. She's trying to weigh all the things she must say to the man not to let his heart torn into pieces whilst at the same time, trying to be transparent and honest on her feelings.

"I'm not forcing you with anything. You can just be honest with me. I.. I just felt like I have to let my feelings out." Renan took a gulp. He has somehow got a hint that he might get dumped but he still feels relieved as his inner self unloaded a lot of baggage that kept him stiff for quite a long time now.

"I'm glad you said that. But the truth is.. I'm.. I'm already promised to someone else." There was sadness in Ellie's eyes as she says those words to her partner. She knew how good and how nice Renan is. If only she is not to be engaged with Darren and if her heart doesn't belong to the Broadway star, she might consider giving this man a chance. But as early as now, El would like for him to stop grooming whatever feelings he has for her. Ellie doesn't want to hurt anybody else's heart with her own complicated life.

Renan took this as calmly as he can. He knew and he had an idea that the woman has already someone she likes, as what the Broadway star hinted back then. But still, he doesn't want to have any regrets by keeping his feelings only to himself.

The man smiled at her, assuring El that everything's fine and he'll be okay with her declining his admiration. "Well, whoever he is, he is such a lucky man." Renan smiles.

Ellie just gave him a faint smile. "I hope that our friendship will remain the same despite of today." El wanted everything to remain normal especially that they still have a play to run for a month.

Renan promised that nothing's going to change between them. He'd still be the same Renan she knew and will always be there whenever she needs a friend.

Ellie thanked him as they continued eating their food which became cold over time.