Chapter 7

"What are you doing so late at night?"

-------

El turned her face to see the person on her back. It was Lea. The Broadway star is hugging her from behind as the singer planted a sweet kiss on her cheek.

She smiled at her as she puts her right hand and caress the singer's arms which are still wrapped around her.

They have become more intimate than ever over the course of weeks. Though they do not put a label on their relationship, the two women are already satisfied knowing that they both have feelings for each other. Though their fans and families are oblivious as to what the real score between them, El and Lea are still very careful on how they act publicly.

Lea, being a world class singer-actress, always make it a point to have a proper and valid reason to see Ellie outside the convenience of their own homes. Since she's known to be a homebody, instances where she could only be with the young woman are limited to having social and professional engagements where they are both invited and present. Good thing for her, her daughter Nicole adores the woman so much and is mainly the one who invites Ellie over anything.

As for El, one could not really tell that she's fallen head over her heels to her idol and to her coach in The Voice competition. Whenever they are outside, may it be if they're alone or with other people around, she just acts naturally without giving a hint that she's deeply in love with Lea. It's as if she's just like any other student under Lea's wing. And because of this, the general public came to guess that the young woman is still single as she doesn't show off or does not say that she's currently on a relationship. As much as she could, Ellie tries to reveal so very little about her family and private life.

The two ladies do not act clingy towards each other except for the occasional holding hands and hugs that circumstances required them to do so.

And so, nobody but the two of them is aware that they are in fact secret lovers.

"It's just something about Bobbi's play." The writer smiled as Lea takes a seat beside her.

Unlike with other people who came with them here in Prague, the couple had booked a room with a queen size bed instead of having twin beds. And again, this was insisted by Lea herself. All her co-actors and the staff members didn't even give a damn nor made an issue even after hearing about this. People have known that the two women's relationship are just like that of a mother and daughter so they did not give any malice upon knowing that Ellie and Lea will be sharing a same bed.

Even after spending a tiring day at their first shooting upon their arrival in this foreign city, Lea saw her protege still working at the dead of the night. The young writer really does not have much care about herself but work, the Broadway star thought.

"We're here shooting for a movie and you're still working for another project? Aren't you tired?"

Ellie then saved all her documents then turned off her laptop. She knew that Lea wouldn't let her go unless she stopped whatever work she's doing. 

"Well, I've gotta make sure I have everything prepared in advance. As soon as we are back in the Philippines, I won't have enough much time especially with the upcoming release of this film."

The young writer says the truth. The scenes they're shooting there in Prague are the last ones they needed to complete the film. Once they come back in their native country, all what's left is a polished editing and they will all be ready to have their movie junket rolled out. 

Atlantis' target start date of their rehearsals would be in a month and a half's time. And Ellie wanted to make sure that even before the theater practice starts, the manuscript would already be completed and fully revised as to not collide with the schedule for Lea's film promotion and showing. 

"But still, you don't have to overexert yourself. What if you get sick once again?" Lea's tone was serious yet with a hint of pleading. The world class singer could not forget how fragile El's body and health is. The last time the young woman got sick, it cost her the opportunity to win the finals in The Voice and had to spend months away abroad just to have a surgery and to recuperate. 

The Broadway star wouldn't let that kind of occurrence to happen again. 

Ellie knows how worried her coach was when she got hospitalized last year due to complications brought over by exhaustion. And so she decided, how ever workaholic she might be, she'll have to take rests from time to time to make sure her physical state is in good shape.

"Don't worry. I've been following the diet my nutritionist gave me and regularly having my vitamins infusion." The young woman assured her mentor. As she puts away all of her things, she made the Broadway star feel at ease, "All right, let's get some rest now, tomorrow we'll have to shoot the whole day so we can have the leeway to go sightseeing on the next few days."  

Lea then turned off the bedside lamp as they both lie down on bed. Ellie put her eyeglasses on the nightstand as she pulled up the blanket to cover themselves from the cold of the air conditioned room. Lea turned to El as they place themselves in a position that let them see each other's faces. 

She held her cheeks and caressed it. It was so smooth and silky, despite being how tired the young woman is. She could see her mirror image on El's light brown pupils as their eyes meet. 

The young woman just smiled at her. Lea loved seeing Ellie smile. She looks very beautiful to the eyes. She was like an angel descended from above. Up until now, the Broadway star could not believe how this ideal bachelorette had fallen in love with her. She was already married, has her own kid and even much older than her. But still, Ellie had been showering her love only for her. The young woman might not be saying it publicly due to their circumstances, but the girl clearly makes her feel loved in all possible way. 

"I love you.." uttered the Broadway star in a whisper only El could hear.

"I love you more.." Ellie replied, giving away another smile; a killer smile that could make anybody die in perfect bliss. 

The two ended the night with a soft kiss that melted both of their fluttering hearts.