Chapter 38

The following day, the Broadway star woke up in her own bed after last night's happening.

She did not drink much as she have to drive herself home to Alabang. Ellie did not want to be chauffeured to her hotel anymore, instead the young woman took Grab to have her be brought back on Luxent.

And so, as she wakes up, Lea washes her face and brushes her teeth then goes straight down to their kitchen where her husband is enjoying his own cup of coffee.

"Good morning." Rob greeted her.

"It's almost afternoon." The Broadway star smiled at the man as their helper serves her a cup of brewed coffee.

"It seems last night was a blast." Rob says to his wife as he folds the newspaper he's reading and places it on top of the table.

"Well, it was fun. We jammed and had an impromptu gig as a request from the bar's manager."

Robert Chien gave his wife a proud smile knowing how exceptional she was last night, as well as their 'adoptive daughter' Ellie.

"I happened to saw you guys performed last night."

The Broadway star's eyes widen as soon as she heard what her husband had just said. "How?"

"There were live videos circulating online as soon as you guys were on stage last night. And I must say there were a lot. Most of your audiences recorded your gig." Rob smiled.

"Oh well, what's new? But how was it? I mean did we sound good? El and I actually had a duet for the first time." The singer curiously asks as she wants to get feedback from others on how their number fared.

"It was breathtaking. You and El sounded good together."

"Good heavens. It was all impromptu. We even decided the song just right there on stage."

"Yeah.. but that actually posed a little bit of problem."

"Huh? What do you mean hon?"

The Chinese-Japanese man handed her an envelope that contains what seems to be an invitation.

Lea took out the piece of cardboard inside the small envelope that her husband has given her. Her name and Rob's name was there, as a place and time was provided on the information written with a fountain pen on that material. The Broadway star looks up to her husband wanting to have more explanation on what it's all about.

"Jonny dropped by to have this delivered. It seems El's parents got wind of that you were with their daughter last night. They're inviting us out for dinner tonight." Rob explained as he maintained a serious tone.

"Oh God." was all Lea could say.

-----------

Lea had her hair done as she finished putting on some make-up. The Broadway star wanted to look formal and presentable for tonight.

After all, this is going to be the first time they'll be meeting her protege's parents. Despite her being the Lea Salonga, she can't help but feel nervous on how her encounter with Ellie's mom would be. This woman is the same person who sends shivers down her lover's spine and the only person who can make El cower in fear.

As she picks up her bag from her vanity dresser, Lea checks her phone to see the photo they had taken last night. She stares at Ellie's vibrant face while wishing herself good luck.

Despite the invitation coming from the young woman's mother, Lea did not bother telling her protege about it. She doesn't want Ellie to worry about this right now.