Chapter 3

As they arrived at the condominium apartment, Ellie put her things on the center table as Lea sat on the couch

As they arrived at the condominium apartment, Ellie put her things on the center table as Lea sat on the couch. The Broadway star brought her Tumi bag which has her name tag on it.

Aside from her usual bag essentials, it has her change of clothes for her planned sleepover in Ellie's place.

"What would you like to go with your pizza bread? Coffee or fruit juice?" El asked as she whipped up some late dinner snack. She calls it Pepperoni pizza bread. She had it toasted under the broiler; brushed with olive oil, topped with tomato sauce, grated mozzarella, Parmesan and sliced pepperonis and sprinkled some dried oregano as a garnish.

"Hmm.. just coffee." Lea had come to love her protege's espresso, so even if it's already in the middle of the night, she would prefer to have that drink than any other beverage the young woman can offer.

As Ellie finishes up preparing their food, Lea came over to the chest drawer placed beside the wall. She took a look on the photo stands placed there. She could see photos of El and some people she does not seem to know.

"Is this your family?"

Ellie looked up from putting their plates on the dining table as she answered.

"Yeah."

"You don't seem to talk about them that much."

"Uh-hmm."

"Are there any particular reasons?"

"Nothing really. It's just since I made myself independent, I try not to bother them that much."

True enough, even with her journey in The Voice, her family hasn't shown themselves in any of the show's episodes or taping. It was just El's friends who had shown their support on the latter for their VTR clips.

Lea then put down the photo she's holding as she goes to the dining area to join Ellie.

"But are you in good terms with them?" The Broadway star is not close to finish on asking her protege family related questions.

"Yeah. As I've said in The Voice, They're just living in the countryside."

"Here in Luzon?" The two continued to munch their pizzas as Lea enjoys the sip of her coffee whilst Ellie have soda as her beverage.

"Uhm.. No. They're not actually here in the Philippines."

Lea's eyes widen as this comes as a shock. They just thought that El's parents were so low key that they don't want to be exposed in the hustle and bustle here in the city, but to think that they're living outside the country means a different thing.

"They're now all in New Zealand. They prefer living on green lands rather than the environment we have here in Phil. My aunt and I are the only ones left here on our own."

"I see. That explains why they never show up in The Voice."

Ellie just smiled. She did not intend to keep all these information secret but she does not want to brag it as well. She just wants to live simply as she is doing right now.

"So what do they do, I mean, you obviously is of wealth. People around us had been curious on how wealthy you are." The Broadway star knew that this is actually a delicate question to ask. But since it is El, she knew that the girl would just let it go and humor her.

"Well, they have their businesses here and there. Few investments here and there. And some family assets both my mom and dad had inherited from my grandparents."

El just made it sound simple but the truth is, their family is extremely wealthy. Their ventures are not limited only here in the Philippines but had already reached overseas. To put it simply, Ellie is like a chaebol's daughter.

--------------------

The two then continued to finish their dinner and Ellie took care of the dishes. She had asked her mentor to be comfortable at home as they prepare to retire for the night.

Just like before, the Broadway star will be staying at El's own bedroom. She had already took a refreshing shower and as she goes out from the bathroom, she saw Ellie taking some of her bed clothes from the wardrobe and prepares to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" Lea asked the young woman.

"I'm just grabbing some change of clothes."

"No, I mean why are you leaving the room?"

The question made El a little bit dumbfounded. She's not really sure what kind of answer her coach wants to hear.

"I'm going to sleep on the other room." She gave the singer a puzzled look.

"Why? You don't have to. This is your room."

"No, you better sleep here. It's much more comfortable. I can manage on the guest room."

"Oh I plan to. I love the lavender scent of this room. But what I mean is, we could sleep here together so your bed won't miss you." The Broadway star just gave El a tease. "Isn't it normal for two people to share a bed during sleepovers? Haha."

She knew that she would never win an argument with her coach so the young woman relents. She had felt excited at the thought of it. She's so lucky to be able to be on the same room with this world class superstar, but to share a bed with her, it's just too good to be true. Ellie then have herself refreshed and changed herself into pajamas as she take the empty space on her pastel pink bed.

Lea has already been lying down as she browses through her phone.
Tired from driving around cities, El decided to lie down as she stares up on the ceiling.

Her mentor noticed how tired she is so she put her glasses and her phone on the bed side table as she turned off the night lamp. "Are you not going to kiss me goodnight?"

Ellie could not help but be shocked on Lea's actions and statements for tonight. Ever since she came back here in the Philippines, her coach had become more sweet and intimate with her.

"I thought we're not going to have an affair?" She laughingly replied to the woman beside her.

"It's just a goodnight kiss, nothing bad at all. Besides, people regard you as my adoptive daughter. So would not it be normal for a daughter to kiss her mom goodnight?"

The young woman can't help herself but to feel kilig as she moves her body forward to close the gap between them. They had kissed before but it was all Lea's initiative and it was just but a simple kiss on the lips.

Ellie can't help but feel nervous as she looks at Lea's eyes which are staring at her in return. The Broadway star just smiles as she anticipates the young woman's gesture.

"Well then, goodnight my love."

She had pressed her lips against hers as she feels the softness of Lea's pink and succulent lips.
She intended to just have a smack but her coach returned the gesture and kissed her back. It felt like she was in heaven. Her lips tasted like sweet cinnamon and she just couldn't get enough of it. It was a soft kiss, steamy yet sophisticated. Ellie felt like she blossomed like a flower and the incarnation was complete.

And with that kiss, the two went to sleep together smiling, as if both have encountered bliss in a paradise.