Chapter 30

The next day, Ellie came in on time at the studio for their play's rehearsals

Everybody were so happy to see the young woman in flesh. Bobbi hasn't asked her as to why she missed yesterday's practice. The director has been saving all his questions later during their break.

And so, their rehearsal for that day started without a scratch. Despite not being there yesterday, Ellie was able to keep up with all the sequences, gaining others' admiration on how a quick learner she is. Even her own coach who she were still not speaking to, can only smile in silence as she is performing good on this practice run.

As their director calls time for lunch, everyone gathers at the long presidential table as they take their seats. The whole team had their meals ordered and delivered from a nearby restaurant.

Ellie had no choice but to sit beside Lea as it was the only chair left vacated by others. Their colleagues have already gotten used to them being together every time so they have already saved that seat for her.

The young woman took her seat without even saying a word to the Broadway star. Good thing, the others were so oblivious to notice that there's something going on between the two.

As they continue to eat, Bobbi, who was sitting on the opposite side of her, had decided to finally inquire on why Ellie could not come around yesterday.

"So El, what happened to you yesterday?"

Ellie could only apologize for not being able to report in. She had explained that she had to take care of something very important which came up unexpectedly.

Being nosy, Mikki asked her what it is. It took a minute before El could answer. As she felt all the gazes around her, she decided to tell them the truth. Besides, she believes that people present there will not let anything out to the media about her circumstances, as doing so will not bring any good for the promotion of their play.

"Well, I encountered a problem back at home.."

The others remained silent as they await Ellie to continue on what she's saying. She lets out a sigh as she fully explains what happened.

"My parents.. They came back here in the Philippines."

Lea's eyes widen as she hears the news coming from her protege who is just sitting beside her. The Broadway star hasn't met them yet and had only knew them through the stories El had shared with her.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Bobbi asked.

"No, not at all! Having them here is not really good news."

"But why? They're your parents." Mikki asked in confusion. She couldn't believe that having El's parents around would be that bad.

"Well, the reason I wasn't able to come report yesterday was because they didn't let me get out of the house. They don't want me working here in the Philippines anymore, so I was grounded for this past weekend."

This revelation made everyone surprised. Who knew that the seemingly-perfect Ellie is still capable of being grounded like a child. It was evident on the young woman's face how problematic and how haggard she is. Her beauty could only mask half of the stress she's having right now.

Bobbi could only sympathize with Ellie's dilemma. "But it's good that you were able to come today. Did you finally convince them?"

Ellie's eyes gave away her sadness. "They didn't. I-I.. I just escaped from home."

"What did you say?" Lea could no longer remain silent upon hearing that her protege had to escape from her place. That just means that her parents' issue about her working here is really such a big deal, to the point that Ellie was being shut in from her very own home." Y-You escaped?!"

The young woman did not mind that she and her coach were not really in good terms yet, as she still answered the Broadway star's question.

"Yeah. They didn't want me to leave the house at all. So I asked Martha to give me an opportunity to get out while she keeps my parents busy."

All her colleagues were just eating their lunch quietly as they intently listen to their writer's plight. It was only Bobbi and Lea who kept on asking about Ellie's circumstances.

"So how were you able to leave?" the bearded man asked with curiosity.

"I pretended to go out for an exercise. My helper told them that I usually jog during Tuesdays."

"It's good that your parents believed that." Lea commented.

"Well, I haven't brought anything with me aside from my phone, my wallet and my water bottle."

Now that she mentioned it, Lea and the others realized that Ellie came in without bringing anything much. She hasn't even brought a bag save for her waterproof waist bag where her phone and wallet is in and then her water bottle.

It just dawned to them that the reason Ellie wore only a tank top and her leggings to work was because the young woman went straight to the studio after she 'escaped' from home. Her coach can't help but feel worried for her.

"I take it you haven't brought your car with you." Lea asked.

"Yeah. I just took a Grab. If I'd be bringing anything else, my mom would get a hint that I'm not going out for jogging at all." Ellie smiled at everyone not to let them worry. Besides, she prefers commuting rather than driving herself.

Lea and the rest just let the writer be relieved from their questioning. They all silently finish their meals so to resume with their rehearsals.

-------------------

After all their practice are done, Lea immediately left and bade goodbye to the others. She waited outside the studio entrance for Ellie who just also went out to wait for the Grab Car she booked.

"Are you going home already?" The Broadway star asked, startling Ellie who just came out from the door.

"Oh! Well.. I should say yes, but it's not necessarily home."

Lea again realized that Ellie was actually grounded. And if the young woman would go home right now, there's no telling if she could escape again the next time she tries.

"So where do you plan to go? Back at your condo here in QC?"

"No. They knew that address. I'll be staying at a hotel for the meantime until everything's settled down." El smiled at her coach.

She said goodbye to the world class singer as her ride arrives and stops in front of them.

Ellie entered the sedan and when it was about to leave the spot, Lea went in front of it to stop the vehicle from leaving.

"What the!?" was all the driver could say as the singer flaunts her body in front of them. It was almost dangerous as she could get run over if the driver was not fast enough to hit his brakes.

As Ellie saw this spectacle with her own eyes, she immediately got out of the car and pulled Lea away from the vehicle's path.

"What are you doing!?"

"I'm stopping the car from going."

"Yeah, I saw that! Are you out of your mind!? You almost got hit!" Ellie exclaimed almost shouting with a bit of anger at the Broadway star.

Instead of being sorry, the singer could only smile as she sees El with such worried expression. Three days of not speaking with Ellie feels like forever for her.

Her protege's face became puzzled as she sees her with a smiling look.

"I've missed you Ellie."