Chapter 4

The next morning, Lea and Ellie prepared to go out as the latter would bring her back home

The next morning, Lea and Ellie prepared to go out as the latter would bring her back home. And just like yesterday, El would have to drive herself.

Since she doesn't have any plans to go somewhere else after the trip, the young woman just decided to wear casual clothes for that day. A dirty white colored Roundabout roll out tee, partnered with Wazmin short and a black Old Skool shoes; all what she bought from Vans. Simple as it may be, Ellie is most comfortable with that kind of getup. 

They then drove off to EDSA and joined the myriads of cars that are stuck along the traffic. 

Ellie opened up a conversation while they both listened to the music on the radio. 

"So, have you read the script?" The young woman was referring to the one she gave her mentor on her birthday.

"Of course I did. The moment I got home that day, I read the whole of it..

Even the love note you included on the last page." Lea laughed as she teases El. Her driver just smiled.

"So, what do you plan to do with it?" She curiously asked. 

"For sure, I want to film it. But I have yet to call Aga if he would like to be a part of it."

"Oh, don't worry. He would love to." 

"How'd you know?"

"I did tell you before right, everything's already prepared." Ellie assured her coach as they took another halt at one of the stoplights. 

"As long as you're ready and had decided on who your co-actors would be, you can shoot anytime."

 Lea just sat there shocked as she hears her protege's words. 

"Hmm, I still have to fully discuss with mom about getting help from production companies." Lea was saying the truth. No matter how good the script is, if there's nobody willing to invest on making the movie, they would not be able to have it realized.

"If you're referring to investors, I know someone who'd be willing to take part and produce this film."

"Who?"

El did not provide the name of the person she was talking about. She just smiled and assured her coach that they'll get to meet them soon once the Broadway star is set to do the film.

------------

After more than an hour of driving, they have arrived in the Salonga-Chiens mansion in Ayala Alabang.

The two have been welcomed by Nicole and Rob. Lea kissed her husband and hugged her daughter. Upon seeing Ellie, Nicole ran to her and gave her a hug too. Ellie then greeted and gave Rob a bezo.

El was supposed to leave as she only intended to bring Lea back home but the teenager insisted for her to stay, which Rob seconded. The young woman had no choice as Nicole does not want to let go of her. She then stayed at their abode for lunch.

As the four pig out on their food, Nicole kept on staying with Ellie's side. She had wanted to be seated beside her while they eat as she tries to tell stories about her friends and her schooling.
The teenager mostly occupied the young woman's attention.

"So El, how was the property you bought?" Asked the Chinese-Japanese man.

Ellie had bought out a big chunk of land located inside the elite subdivision where the Chiens reside. She did not want to do it initially, but both Ligaya and Lea had urged her to settle on a much bigger home compared to her condominium apartment she's living at in Quezon City.

They reasoned out that it would be much better to stay in a fully built home so she can be ready in the future once she already have plans to marry. Of course, this did not come across El's mind as it is not part of her interests.

Sooner or later she might have to migrate overseas as her family already did. They were actually against the idea of Ellie having such kind of house as it might make El decide to permanently stay in the Philippines.

But as for Lea, the real reason she wanted El to live there in Ayala Alabang, is for them to get more closer to each other than they already are. There will be no need to make up any excuses for her to go see the young woman once they practically become neighbors.

Though the property that Ellie bought is few blocks away, it will just be about fifteen minutes walk away from their home.

"Well, it's almost done. I just have to wait for some of the furniture I ordered so I could start decorating. But I think two or three weeks at most, everything will be completed."

The construction actually took place whilst Ellie was still in the United States. As the Salonga-Chiens had been anticipating her return since last year, they helped with contacting and coordinating with the local architectural firm to have Ellie's home started. So now, even less than a year her own villa like mansion has already been built.

"Ate El, can I go visit you once you move there?"

"Of course. You'll be my very first guest." Ellie replied to the teenager as she pets her hair.

This made the kid delighted.

"Anyways Hon, Mama called earlier asking you to come over to her place." Rob reminded Lea.

"Alright, did she tell you what's it about?"

"Hmm. Nope. But I'm going to be meeting some clients later on. So I'm afraid I can't drive for you today."

"That's just fine. I'll drive. I'll bring Nix as well so that Mom could see her."

Upon hearing this, Nicole interjected with an idea  which she thinks is fun.

"Ooh. Let's have Ate El as well. I want to ride on a turquoise car."

The three adults just looked at each other with how innocent Nicole was in suggesting her idea.

"Nix, your Ate El already drove your mom back here. She's probably tired already. We don't want to implore much."

Sad look has then painted on the kid's face. She had been looking forward in getting in on Ellie's car since she heard that it was a turquoise convertible.

The young woman does not want to see the teenager being sad like that. So despite on hating long drives, she offered herself to chauffeur the two Chiens to Paranaque City where Lea's mom resides.

"It's fine. I don't have any plans for today naman. I can drive you guys there."

"Are you sure?" Lea double checked with El. She knew how the girl wants to avoid driving around the Metro if possible.

"Yep. Totally good with it." Ellie smiled.

And so, the kid finished her lunch immediately so she can prepare herself in the intercity trip they'll be having for today.