Chapter 34

The next morning, Lea woke up by herself without the aide of somebody or an alarm clock

She sits up on bed as she grabs the blanket to cover her chest. She looks at her right and sees Ellie still sleeping. It was rare for the young woman to stay asleep longer than her.

But all that was understandable, they both had such a crazy night. The Broadway star can't help but chuckle as she sees all their clothes laid around the bed and on the floor.

Lea looked at the clock and saw the time saying 7:00 am. They don't really need to rush as they are just in Quezon City and the studio's location will just be less than an hour ride. But the singer had decided to wake up her lover who's still sleeping soundly beside her.

"Ellie.."

"El."

Lea shakes the young woman's body as her own arms hug her from behind, planting a kiss and a mark on Ellie's naked back.

"Umm.."

"Good morning. You better wake up now." the singer playfully says as she bites Ellie's shoulders.

"Aww. Haha." By this time, El turns around to see her coach smiling with a glow on her face. The young woman just smiles back as she now feels fully awake.

"Good morning coach."

"Good morning love."

"It's a first.. You woke up before me."

"Yeah. Isn't that surprising?"

Ellie just laughed. "Why don't you take your shower first? I'll tidy things up here." the young woman offers as she looks at all the mess they've made last night.

The Broadway star agreed as she wraps the blanket around her naked body and left to go to the other room. She took her new set of clothes as she goes to the bathroom to take a shower.

As for Ellie, she grabbed her tshirt and her underwear and puts it on as she picked up all their worn clothes one by one. Images of what they did last night are still so vivid. She could only smile as she remembers how rough the sex they had was. She folds all the clothes she picked up and put Lea's on her own room. The young woman then checks her phone to check new messages sent to her.

There was a message from Bobbi, from her friend Joyce and one from Renan. Ellie immediately opened the latter's message so for Lea not to see it later on. It says:

"Hey. How are you?" This message was actually sent by the man last night. But as busy as she was with her making out session with her coach, she was unable to hear her phone beeped.

Ellie was courteous enough to send a reply to the man.

"I'm cool. Good morning. :)"

She then checked all other messages and sent her responses respectively.

----------------------

The two ladies went straight to the studio after they had their breakfast.

Lea parked her Alphard while Ellie took their bags and brought it inside.

They were all greeted by everyone who's already there.

"Good morning El."

"Morning Bobbi." The young woman smiles at their director. The bearded man gives him a wink in return.

"You read my message right?"

"Yep! But do you think it's fine? Others might feel you're favoring me so much.."

Bobbi Garcia just tapped El's shoulders for the latter to be assured. The director had just informed her beforehand that he'll be changing the company's rehearsal schedules. Instead of having them everyday, he decided to reduce it in thrice a week workshop sessions. This way, all the members of the production team would be able to get more rest and time for themselves or for their own businesses.

But in truth, this was actually Bobbi's way of helping Ellie take care of her own matters. He knew that El needed some time to settle things on her end especially with the issues she have with her parents. And knowing that they just coerced the young woman to take on this acting role, he wanted to at least help her a bit by doing this. 

"Don't worry. I have talked with some of them already. They were actually good with it. Besides who doesn't want to have a time off from all these tiring workshops?" They just both chuckled as they await for others to come. 

-----------

With the grand rehearsals, Ellie's sequences and acts are all partnered up with Renan. Their characters were a couple in the story produced by Esang's mind. And so all their scenes; dancing and singing included, are done with each other. And among all the acts throughout the play, one of theirs was the most anticipated as it involves a kissing scene.

It was only for a simple lip kiss but their kiss itself was instructed to be locked on for at least ten seconds as it is the ending scene of the act just before the lights goes off.

And so, Mikki and the others have been silently teasing Renan as he will be intimate with Ellie.

"Uhm.. I hope you won't get awkward with the scene.." Renan says to the young woman as they prepare for the sequence.

"Sure. It's my first time acting so please take care of me." Ellie replied.

As the acts are being continuously performed, the two went on to their blocking as they start their very own sequences.

On their duo act, they are to sing and dance in between their dialogues. Their closing sequence would then be a duet which will end with the kiss.

Everyone present were so mesmerized as the two sang the song written by Atlantis' resident songwriter. It was a ballad love song that tells about how El and Renan's characters feel for each other. As their notes end, Renan looks at Ellie's piercing eyes as he closes the gap and holds the woman in her arms. He lifts her chin up with his right hand as he puts his lips on hers. 

The people around them can't help but to tease and to cheer on with their scene. It was after all, their very first time to kiss. But despite how others are making noise on their teasing, the two remained in character and professional as they have to be still with that intimate act for few more seconds. As their silent countdown end, both of them let go and looked at each others' eyes and hug as part of their acting. Bobbi clapped so hard that made the others follow to give the two a round of applause they deserved. 

Renan could just smile at the woman in front of him. He felt so lucky to be a part of this musical. Who knew that aside from getting to work together with the girl of his dreams, he'd get to kiss her several times; during rehearsals and of course, for all their live performances on the play's run. 

"That was nice!" Bobbi exclaimed as he calls off to start the next act. Both Renan and El moved sideways as they are not part of the next act and will only be supporting characters for the upcoming scenes. As they catch their breaths back from their number, the Broadway star look at them closely from the opposite side of the stage. 

Though she's against of their kissing part, Lea remained mum and falsely applauded for her protege and for the young actor. She's hardly keeping her cool as she doesn't want her jealousy to take over herself once again. The singer doesn't want to have another misunderstanding with Ellie especially now that the young woman has problems of her own. 

Lea then just thinks of last night's happening. She knew that she's the one Ellie currently likes, and the singer feels satisfied and relieved with that. No matter how complicated their relationship is, she won't let go of her love for El. The Broadway star had resigned herself to keep and fight for the feelings they have for each other despite needing to keep it in secrecy.