❁ Chapter Thirty Eight - Epilogue

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
River
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

"Are you ready, darling?" I softly knocked on the bedroom door, pushing it open barely an inch before looking inside the hotel room.

"Logan, you better give him something to work or I will, and if I do, there is no guarantee he'll be seen ever again!" She yelled into the phone, right before throwing it back in its place.

My brows arched at the sight of her expression. Despite the makeup that so successfully hid the dark circles under her eyes and the hollowness in her cheeks, the tiredness and anger showed in those beautiful emerald eyes. Her chocolate hair was up in a chignon, her thick lashes down on her reddened cheeks as she sat down on the mattress with a thump. On her fair, honey skin, a white, lace lingerie cupped her breasts and covered her sex. She looked awfully tired from nights spent awake.

With a heavy sigh, her lids fluttered, her gaze falling on her swollen belly. Only three months from the birth, her belly was still showing the signs of the pregnancy. The scar on her lower belly was what moved her fingertips, stroking the line that still had a reddish tint.

After the lines tightening on her figure, I could figure she hated the scar from the C-section that had been performed. The baby came early, and if she hadn't been operated on, she and the baby would have died. But they both were saved, with a big possibility she wouldn't be able to carry children again from the damage done to her uterus. And even though she never said it, I knew she hated that deep down.

Stalking towards the bed, I sat down next to her, the mattress dipping under me. The moment she noticed my approach, her hand brushed away from the scar, her eyes following my movement.

"How is Vin? Did he stop crying?" She looked up at me, chocolate brows inching higher on her forehead.

I nodded slowly, my arm wrapping around her shoulders, the strong, yet small shoulders that could carry heavy burdens. "He fell asleep in the crib."

Relief washed on her face as she exhaled, smiling softly as she dipped her head in the crook of my arm. "Thank God..."

Vin, or Vincent Cage Black, our son and the most energic, never ending tears fountain, was born three months ago, on the 15th of March. Surprisingly, he was born in the same day Sam gave birth to the twins, only a month later.

That was the day I knew for sure I was blessed.

The whole experience was... amazing. From the first moment I held Vin in my arms, I knew, I Goddamn knew, I would never be able to let go of him. Sadly, I had to eventually, only to let Piper breastfeed him. And seeing her hold our son in her arms for the first time? I cried even more than after I held him in my arms. I couldn't believe I actually reached to have my own family, with my wife and my baby boy.

My darling didn't go any easier on the emotions. We both laughed and sobbed together until we let the family join us in the room. They had to come in turns, too many people in the room distressed the baby.

Everyone congratulated us, the whole family, who I could actually call mine. At first we had our differences even if they liked me, but with the time they got to trust me.

And then Damen and some guys from the station were right there to greet Vin into the world. During her pregnancy, PB managed to make some visits to the station, which was benefic for both of us. We made a couple of friends from the people I couldn't even consider talking to in the past.

Though I couldn't admit it, Piper opened me up in ways nobody else ever had. Which... brought us here. After three months of battling with a very fine opponent, called Vin who loved to pee on my shirt while I changed his diaper and wept every time we put him down, we finally managed to go somewhere other than home, or me to work. And this was a little honeymoon to Piper and I, even with our baby and even if it lasted a week.