❁ Chapter Nine - Bar

Jesus Christ...

"This place is packed," detective dick next to me said as he held the door of the bar open.

It was packed. Packed how I guess it was normal in a Friday night. Though, the place reeked not just of alcohol, but sweat and nicotine. The smell was awful, but it was what it was. Exhaling a heavy breath, I stepped ahead, walking in the direction of the bar through the tables.

Behind the marble counter, mixing up drinks, a bartender with golden brown hair and blue eyes tenderly smiled at a woman leaned over the bar, showing off her bottom to others. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to her, snapping my fingers in front of him to get his attention.

He frowned an innocent, childish look. It was clear he was young, in his early twenties.

"Hi, there, sugar! Mind if I get a drink?"

"This'll take forever," Reeve grunted, sitting next to me. The anger in his voice was tensing me too, so I just decided to ignore it.

I could understand if he was irritated. We've spent hours waiting to sign some papers and rent that damn trailer. It wasn't surprising, people rented trailers every time in the summer, which was exactly why we had to wait that long. We shared the payment, took the keys and left with the trailer. I had no problem that it had one large bed or few fucking plugs, my problem was that it smelled like dirty laundry. And for that, I regretted waiting.

Though, Reeve was pissed about the poor conditions. I had no problem with the way the trailer looked or how easily things could break in it. As I said, my problem was the smell. I spent half an hour filling it up with lavender deodorant. It still didn't do much of a difference, but it made it bearable.

And now, we were here. Ready to question this kid. "Glass of grey goose if you please," I gave him a weak smirk, at which the boy nodded absently.

"Hey baby, why not my cocktail first?" The whore next to me giggled in a pitch, fake ass tone.

She eyed me suggestively. "Get your own drink."

I used to be a very patient person. But if shit like this happened, I could lose my shit. Passing my tongue over my teeth, I smirked at her. "How old did you say you were?"

"Twenty three," she grinned smugly.

"Oh, really?" I gazed the kid. "Did you check her ID?"

He nodded, letting out a nervous laugh. "Course I did..."

"Here, if you don't believe him!" The girl said without a care, throwing the little card at me.

I inspected her photo like every other cop, but I had the feeling something was off. With my nail, I could pinch out her photo. I ripped it all the way off and revealed what was actually somebody else's ID. I cleared my throat, smiling tightly at the bitch.

"Well... Daphne, did you have a facial surgery?" I asked, showing her the ID of somebody else, and her photo.

The girl instantly paled at the sight of the revealed truth. She grabbed the photo and the ID and ran off, leaving us with the bartender.

"Damn kids..." Reeve muttered.

I snorted. "Puh-lease, you must have tried alcohol before twenty one."

"One party, one exception. Not a big deal."

"Mhm," I rolled my eyes, looking at the bartender who sadly stared in the direction of the slutty teen.

"Grey goose, kid! And... uhm, leave me the whole bottle, I'll pay for it." I said drawing his attention.

"Didn't take you for the vodka type," Reeve muttered. "Or the drinker type."