❁ Chapter Twenty One - Inside

My eyes were slowly drawn up his hairy, yet muscular legs, passing by the towel he held tightly to the lower part of his body and his wonderful chest that simply oozed male power, few drops of water still running down his muscles. I stopped my gaze on the dark blue eyes that glistened with confusion in the weak light from the hallway. Damp strands of charcoal hair invaded his forehead, his dark brows arched and his lips pursed, one corner lifted in amusement.

"PB?" He asked, as if he didn't see me clearly.

I blinked twice, a sheepish smile curling my lips. "Hi!"

His smile widened as he looked at me with more amusement. "What're you doing here?"

"Uhm," I mumbled, looking down at the files I was struggling to sneak under his door. Then, my gaze stumbled upon his fluffy shoes. "Nice shoes…"

"Yeah, I use them around the apartment," he replied dryly, crossing his arms. His towel didn't fall, but my eyes rose to it.

"Do you always open the door half naked or is it just to make me feel special?"

He shook his head, slowly leaning on the door's frame. "I could ask you the same thing, darling." He looked lower at me, smirking evilly with that darken in his eyes. "You like kneeling for me?"

"Right…" I huffed, mentally slapping myself.

Have a normal conversation with the man while you're on your knees, why not! It's not fucking suspicious at all! I scolded myself.

I stood up with the files in my hands, letting my lips press in a tight line as I gladly stared at his God-like body. Fuck it, you could say it was a sculpture greater than the fucking Gods! I wanted to cry, fall back on my knees, beg him to let me touch him! Just once… perhaps more than once?

"So, what brings your here, PB?" He spoke lowly, his husky voice bringing more moisture between my thighs than it was needed.

I blinked, stopping myself from staring at his chest like some freak. As if it wasn't enough that I showed up out of nowhere in the middle of the night!

"To… agh, to bring you some files. I forgot to give them to you earlier." Then, confusion lightly struck me, as I gazed the bruises on his face and chest. Fuck, even bruised he looked good! How was that possible? "Why are you still up?" I asked, what was supposed to be eating at me being just the files.

He shrugged. "Couldn't sleep. What about you?"

"Neither…"

"How did it go with the fucker? Did your brother enjoy his "surprise"?" He asked, not interest filling his voice. At least not on the respective subject.

"Sam killed him… he earned it. Bastard killed his own daughter and said she deserved it," I said quickly, looking away from him awkwardly.

This was more awkward than that time when Damian caught me having sex on the couch. Man… I'll never forget his face after that. Neither how pissed he was at the poor guy. I did get something out of it. I got to see my overly sarcastic and critical brother, who was a doctor and didn't believe in hurting people, hurting someone. The only time I actually saw him beat someone up.

"Jesus," Reeve muttered, realization striking his features.

"Yeah, Sam was heartbroken about it. But she's good now. She had years of knowing it, plus…" I shrugged, smiling. "She preggo with my nephew or niece."

Why did you tell him all that, you weirdo? He probably doesn't even wanna know!

He nodded, smiling himself as he looked deeply at me. Awkwardly, I looked away again, raising my hand to push some strands of rebel hair behind my ear. Starting to chew on my lip, I quickly blurted out. "So… I should go now…" before I could embarrass myself more, I turned around and took only two steps. But, of course, the sound of his voice had me stopping in my tracks.