❁ Chapter Eight - Help

"Can you?" He prompted.

My smile tightened, my whole body tensing, my fists clenching at my sides. I was hella annoyed, but at the same time, I couldn't stop the tension between my legs from building up, just at the sound of his voice. His arm wrapped around my waist as he pressed his hard chest against my back, making all the air in my lungs vanish and not return. I struggled to keep the heat in my face at bay, but it was a failed attempt. My cheeks were burning with anger, embarrassment and... heck, shyness!

"Uhm... yes... of course," the girl mumbled, definitely scared by the look on her face.

Reeve was an amazingly developed man. He was tall, built in muscles and handsome too. Of course, he made checking him out a hard job, because he always wore that frown and he always was so serious, never smiling. From checking him out you quickly became afraid of him. He did look like a volcano ready to burst. Last thing you wanted was to start a fight with him.

But fucking hell, if he were mine, I'd start a damn fight with him every single day, just to fuck him after.

"What was his name?" She asked, snapping me from fantasizing over the man I was supposed to beat once we were out of here.

"Timothy Key," I replied, clearing my throat to level my voice.

She did some typing, her eyes lingering over the screen of the computer for some moments before she said. "Room number ten on the left." Her hand rose and she grabbed a pair of keys from the wall, handing them to me.

I murmured a thank you, after which I dragged Reeve outside. As soon as we were away from her window, I kicked him in the shin, snatching myself away from him. I had to push away the desire of pulling him right back. I couldn't afford slipping like that.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Reeve?" I glared at him, hating him more than enough right now. Though... he looked good wearing that black t-shirt that revealed his gorgeous tattoos and those pair of jeans you didn't see Reeve wear so often. "Since when do you wear sneakers?" I asked shocked.

He rolled his eyes, flexing him muscles as her rose a brow. "Since forever."

"Mhm, and I'm Queen fucking Anne. What the fuck are you doing here?" I repeated my first question, still glaring at him.

"Stupid question."

"Not my question," I gritted.

"I'm after the Vipers."

I stared at him up and down, then rose a brow. "What made you come here again? Cause I know for a fact your business with the Vipers ain't here. It's in Chicago."

He gave me a flat smile as his eyes narrowed on me. "Well now it is."

I stared at him for a long time, blankly boring holes into his soul to try and figure him out. "You followed me, didn't you?"

"Hm, so it wasn't so hard, was it?" He said, throwing me a smug smirk.

"But how do you know I'm after-"

"I have my ways," he shrugged.

I stared at him some more, after which I rolled my eyes. "Go home, I don't need you to distract me."

"Didn't think I were that important to you," he snickered.

I spun on my foot and headed to the motel room, still talking to him. "Leave, Reeve!"

"Wow, so you're actually sending home a man of the law that knows about your family's dirty little secret?" He asked mischievously, stopping me dead in my tracks, my whole body stiffening like a damn board.