❁ Chapter Four - Arrested

I could so not believe this!

"Bitch!" I grunted, wrinkling my nose in disgust.

"But I love you!" The woman cried, trying to run into his arms, tears streaming down her face like rain. "You can't do this! What about our family? What about our- our children?"

"You cheated on me, Esmeralda. How do I know for sure they're my children?" The man looked at her over his shoulder with a smouldering, angered expression.

"Don't believe that shit, man," I mumbled, clutching the blanket to my chest.

"They are yours! They all have your eyes, Ramone! I swear to you-"

"I'm sorry, I cannot trust your word anymore," he shook, dropping his head. "You lied to me too many times. Plus…" he sighed. "I already found somebody else."

"What?" Her tone pitched with hurt as she stopped behind him. "Who is she?"

"Someone who doesn't lie to me. Someone who doesn't cheat on me. She's- she's…"

I bit my bottom lip, too curious about his secret woman. I even ignored my phone as I waited for his answer. Then, the image on the screen changed and The End showed up.

"Come tomorrow to see more of My aching heart."

I growled in frustration, throwing popcorn at the TV. "Fuck you!" Grasping my phone from the coffee table, I put it to my ear, answering without looking at the caller.

I inhaled several times to relax myself before I talked. "Piper Black speaking. With what may I help you?"

"Hey, sis!" Logan's voice bloomed on the line, calm and serious, with only an ounce of warmth in it. "I'm not disturbing, right?"

I exhaled in relief at the sound of his voice, stuffing in my mouth a fist of popcorn. "Nah, not exactly. So, whatchu doin'?"

He sighed what felt like weights off his shoulders before he spoke. "I need you to ask you something."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Play detective for the gang."

I stopped chewing. I stopped frustratingly glaring at the TV. I stopped moving. I just stopped. Then I asked the one million dollars question. "Why?"

There was a long break, in which he didn't say anything, just breathed, which assured me he was still on the phone. Some time later, muffled voiced and motions were heard and then, the crickets from the night.

"I have moles infiltrated in the gang." He stated, his tone shifting that warmth into straight business.

"You want me to depistate them for you?"

"No, them I can handle myself." He exhaled heavily again. "You see, these moles keep selling out when we have shipments. Till now, we were attacked at the docks two times. I had four out of ten trucks with cargo stolen this week. I have no idea where my freight is, sis." I could just feel the anger and impatience in his voice. It was one thing that didn't make you happy, hearing Logan like this. He was usually chill, even if he had an intimidating appearance. But hearing him like a junky out of drugs, ready to slit someone's throat for a little heroin?