❁ Chapter Thirty Seven - Barbeque Part 2

"But don't let it get to your head," my eyes narrowed on him, my brows furrowing. "I'm not dumping her at your or anyone's request. Only she can pull that string and hell knows I'm not going down without a fight."

The smirk grew on his cheeks, a slow nod leading his chin lower. He didn't say anything, but the expression he made assured me in some way he liked me. Or I was just insane and he was plotting to make PB hate me. One out of two, right?

"Cubs or White Sox?"

I looked at him dumbfounded, shocked he was even asking. "Clearly Cubs," I replied sternly.

He spread out his palm for me, grinning widely. "My man!" Taking his hand I was met by a side of him... I could say I've never met. He let the walls he had raised against me down and greeted me into a friendly conversation. After finding our love for the Cubs in common, we found a lot more things.

I had to admit, I didn't even think I'd be laughing with Logan, who seemed like the worst of the three. But then again, before Jerome made promises, I thought he'd be the coolest. Now... I seemed to be highly wrong.

I couldn't help but notice that under the terrace he had, what looked like an inside pool through the blurry windows that posed as walls.

"You got an inside pool too?" I asked surprised.

"Connected to the games room, yeah. Didn't Cedric give you and Piper a tour?" He questioned.

"Uhm... no, not really..."

"I'll give you a tour after we eat."

I didn't question his decision, that I was too busy being shocked by the fact that he had an inside pool connected to a freaking games room!

Once the burgers were finished, we both picked up a plate with a little mountain of cooked burgers and buns and headed upstairs. I followed his lead to leave the plate on the table, just next to the salad in the middle. Everyone sat down with a hungered groan, including two more guests I hadn't seen until now. At the head of the table stood Logan, next to him Sam. Mr Black and Mrs Black were up next, next to who a dirty blond haired boy with chocolate eyes and a heartwarming smile, sat. On the other side of the table, just in front of the stranger, a redhead stood, his face freckled and his orbs of a cold, light blue. They both seemed around eighteen, young and in shape. Besides him was Damian at the other head of the table, next Jerome and then came PB and lastly, me.

"Who are the boys?" I asked curiously, glancing at the two who grinned at the burgers.

"Oh," she cleared her throat to explain to me. "The blond one is Nathan and the redhead is Cole. They're Sam's kids."

My brows inched high on command at her words. "I didn't know she had more kids..."

"Mm, Cole is her biological son, y'know? Zane's kid. But Nathan is his best friend, not biologically hers. She sees him as her son now. She intended to adopt him on his birthday, but he refused. Said he still wanted to keep his roots in place and yada, yada." Her eyes shifted to Sam as she smiled softly, with a tint of sadness. "Sis didn't look at him any differently after. She understood."

I gently stroked her back and kissed her head, smiling at her. "You'll be a great mother," I assured, regardless of what her insecurities were telling her.

Just like that we got sucked into the family conversation that were nothing but amusing to me. I was questioned by her father, Logan prompted with the questions and Samantha struggled to shut him up. Damian kept making comments because he was stuck between the boys, after which he decided to switch seats with Nathan. But the sarcastic comments didn't stop. Nathan and Cole didn't pay any attention to us, they talked with each other, while Jerome ignored and remained silent. PB was the one to keep her father from jumping over the line. As in... asking me about my family.