❁ Chapter Thirty Five - Hello, brother!

"You're beautiful," he said, softly tracing lines on my shoulder with his thumb

"You keep telling me that," I smiled, my cheeks red from the flattering compliment.

"I just can't stop saying the truth, I guess," he smirked. Brushing a strand of hair behind my ear, he freed himself a spot on my neck he could kiss.

"You're so cheesy," I moaned, curling my fingers through his wet hair.

His arms wrapped around my waist, his hands lowering to my belly. "Seems like baby starts showing..."

"Yeah," I agreed, looking down at my no longer flat belly. It did show, but it wasn't that big. The second month was ending, and my belly was just an inch or two less flat. But I still looked in shape!

"I'm not that great with kids, Reeve," I suddenly said, placing my hand on Reeve's, both on top of my belly. "What if I'm not a good mother?"

"Don't talk nonsense, darling. You'll be a great mother!" He argued firmly.

"Yeah, but-"

"No buts," he stopped me, kissing my jaw. "You'll be amazing, I'm sure of it."

I looked up at our reflexion in the mirror, and smiled at the image. He was holding me from behind, nipping at my neck and slowly lowering to my collar bone as my hands were settled on his big ones. I didn't feel capable of giving up on thinking of my insecurities, but with a little impulse, I pushed them at the back of my head.

"What are you doing today?" He asked, smoothly raising his hand to my revealed breast.

"I have to get back to work. I have a meeting with a client." I breathed, dropping my head on his shoulder as he rolled my tightened nipple between his fingers. "You?"

"I'm going out to pay some bills, then I'm headed to my apartment to check out an old case." He explained.

I didn't find anything to say for a long while, his soft lips not stopping from leaving their print on my heated skin, still not chilled from the cold shower we had just had together. Then, an idea popped in my head.

"Mm, how about I handle my client, do a quick check on the case and later come by to... help you?"

He hummed playfully, raising his lips to mine. "So we're leaving this for later?"

"Sadly..."

"It is sad," he murmured against my lips. "It only means I'll have to go harder later."

I smirked, pecking his lips. "No spoilers." Before he could stop me, I hurried out of his arms and grabbed a towel to wrap around my body.

"Oh, c'mon," he groaned, following me with that pleading tone of his. "We have time for a quickie!"

"I have a client I need to meet in less than an hour. I can't be late, my love." Opening the door to my bedroom I walked straight towards the closet.

Moving around to gather what I planned on wearing, I could hear his low groans, done on purpose to tempt me into what we both craved for. Still, I didn't give in. Time wasn't on my side. I put on a pair of black jeans with a yellow, tight shirt that highlighted my breasts, on which I added my leather jacket. With a pair of black, high heeled boots, my hair dried and straightened, I grabbed a bag in which I dropped my phone, then headed to the bathroom to do my makeup.

Reeve dressed up with a pair of light blue jeans, a white, V-neck shirt and his nylon jacket. He brushed his hair with the towel to dry it off, then put on his boots. With a sigh he gave me a sorrowful kiss on the cheek because I refused the morning quickie he offered. Not that I hadn't given him a blowjob in the shower before he offered.