❁ Chapter Fifteen - Agh, Shit!

"Take a photo," Reeve urged in a whisper, struggling just as hard as I was struggling to remain unseen through the large wooden boxes in the deposit.

Yeah, our plan... changed. It changed big time.

What started as trying to kidnap two strangers so we could steal their identities, turned into following them instead and coming here. What made us follow them, you wonder? They were helping at loading Logan's fucking cargo in a truck. We had to see where the damn cargo was going, so, therefore, we followed.

Of course, it was only a tiny amount of the cargo, more like a sample.

Now, hidden between some wooden boxes on which was plastered the Vipers' logo, we were watching what they were planning to do with it. The fact that my blood boiled from their plans wasn't even the top of it. I was, just like this morning, ready to rip heads. But, luckily, Reeve decided to stay the rational one while I allowed my hotheaded side to take over.

In a moment I pulled out my phone, checked to make sure the flash was off and started taking photos. Photos of the Vipers making offers to some small gang in the area. Offers, as in what prices they could buy the weapons with. The sellers were strangers from the gang, people I haven't seen before. The soon to be buyers were strangers too. In fact, I never heard of the gang before, except if you counted it on Logan's enemies list. Might've seen it there, but I couldn't say for sure.

Just as I was looking at the incriminating photos on my phone, a guy walked around the corner, somewhere near where we were hiding. Reeve pulled me at once and pinned me to the box we were hiding after. His hand over my mouth held in my gasp as his face mere inches away from mine made my pulse increase. The heat he brought me with his steel gaze only tensed me up, the feeling of his hand on my mouth reminding me more of last night. The things that actually brought me at ease were the feeling of his overwhelming warmth, the coolly feeling of his breath fanning my face, the tingly feeling between my legs and the fact that I wasn't alone. Even if I didn't want him endangered and involved in all this, the fact that he was with me... made me feel a little better.

Our eyes were locked for what felt like hours, my eyes wide with shock and fear and anger in its tiniest bits, his eyes relaxed, soothing me with their calmness. I allowed myself to admire his deep blue eyes, even if it was dark and I could barely see a thing. I could still see his eyes. His mesmerizing eyes with the color of the ocean. Man, did I love his eyes! But, I also loved his lips.

Glancing down without caring, I adjusted my gaze over his sealed, full lips. The fact that I could think in a moment like this of kissing him made me a completely deranged person, but did that matter to me? No, not at all.

His lips curled in a smirk at the feeling of my intentions, leaving me even more craving now. I tried to shift my thighs together, but the hand that wasn't over my mouth lowered between my thighs and stopped me, pulling a groan from between my lips. Luckily, his hand covered the sound. He lowered his lips to my ear and whispered as silently as possible.

"Stop staring at my lips, darling. I might just fuck you right now if you continue."

I gulped at the sound of his words, feeling the shivers running down my spine. I knew that wouldn't be of any help to the situation. I looked back up to his eyes and he removed his palm from between my thighs, resting it on my waist.

His gaze drifted to the direction of the guy, and his grip over my mouth released slowly. I exhaled, knowing it was a free sight now. I turned around to just look now since the photos were taken.

Who looked like the messenger of the buyers stepped up and started inspecting the weapons on his own. "You say this is authentic? No fake shit?"

The one we wanted to kidnap and steal the identity of, shook his head. "No fake shit. Completely authentic."