11 Ghostbusting and Adoptions

POV Chief Corona

I'm waiting for my daughter to wake up, she's been sleeping late because of her date with Eugene. He really is a nice man for her and I'm happy that they found each other. Soon I hear her running down the stairs, she's a bit late.

"Eat your breakfast," I told her when she was running outside from front door.

"I'm going to be late from work, he is so gonna preach me! Jack is so--," Rapunzel started but her eyes widened. I saw sadness taking over her and she sighed.

"Never mind," Rapunzel whispered and came to grab an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Have you ever considered talking to some professional?" I questioned as I placed my paper down. She shook her head and bit the apple on her way out.

"You should get to know the new girl, Elsa." I interrupted Rapunzel again.

"Daddy! You just gave Jack's place to her. She might stay when Jack comes back and I don't want other chief than Jack," Rapunzel sighed.

"Jack might take my place if he returns which is getting more unlikely day by day," I told her the realities and she left.

After having breakfast I went to get myself ready for duty. I shaved my face, cleaning up the overgrown hair and then I dressed myself into my uniform, I folded the sleeve collars and when I left I kissed my wife on the cheek.

As I got into the station I saw the youngsters doing their jobs. Hiro was being guided by Merida, well her guidance might not be filled with patience but she knows what she is doing. I chuckled to my self when Merida was giving Hiro the extreme lesson of how to roll up the fire hose the best way so it wouldn't be sticking out from the truck. Hiro was so stunned looking.

Seeing Hiro reminds me of Tadashi. He was new recruit when I was slowly getting ready to take my responsibilities as the leading fire chief of Burgess. Oh, those were the days when I worked on the field with my team.

At my office I go to see a old picture of me as a young man. There's Tadashi as 18 year old, he was just graduated and the newbie like Hiro is now. I can see Stefan, Sultan and Arthur. Stefan was a slender man with black hair and beard, really kind and fond of his daughter Aurora. Sultan was hilarious, he was the oldest one of us and had obsession with collectables. Friendly and chubby man. Arthur was the one with pure heart, everyone loved him and his hobby was to roleplay medieval games. Now they're all retired, it's just me left since Tadashi's unfortunate faith.

Sometimes I wish that I could make a comeback but it's better leave this kind of work to the young and enthusiastic. I never realized that I would miss a troublemaker who acts reckless sometimes. We firefighters consider water as our friend that tames the flames, it's ironical that it was the thing that made the best firefighter of all time into.. into someone who is missed.

I walk to my offices window and I look at the team of fire station 313. Even though everything seems normal, I can see that they're hurting on the inside. I just can bare to tell them the news that it's not going to be so long until Jack's insurance runs empty. Honestly I don't know if the Overland family can afford keeping someone alive months after months. Well, it's under month now but I can tell how this is going to end. Also keeping family member alive in such a state is really painful.

I sighed, "You better wake up Frost. We all would want that."

The alarm started ringing and I look how the team gathers their equipment and runs to truck. One of the first to enter the truck was Elsa Arendelle. Her devotion reminds me of Jack and I chuckled. Jack chose wisely when he thought that she would be a good new team member. Sad that he isn't seeing her.