38 Damaged Sisters

POV Flynn

We've been walking for ages now. I feel like I know every turn and corner of this darn hospital by now. She just needs to stretch her legs and move around a bit.

I glance at Punzie, she's holding her stomach while she walks next to me. Her hair is abnormally long and shines in gold. Before it was short and brown, personally I like her in both ways. I'm just glad that the medicine which she got worked on her.

"I'm so happy that we finally got married," she sighed and leaned her head against my shoulder. I kiss her cheek quickly. A hospital priest wedded us when she was really sick.

"Me too, Mrs Fitzherbert," I laugh aloud. She just smiled, she never minded of my awful name.

"Is that Jack?" She said quietly. We paused in front of doors leading to waiting room for family members and friends. I look at Punzie and she looks back at me, nodding towards a figure that's leaning to wall.

She was right, it was Jack who used to be her team leader before getting control over parts of Burgess fire stations. He took the job from Punzie's father after he died. We had agreed that if the baby is a boy he would have his grandfather's name. Her father's death took its toll on Punzie but she's managing somehow now.

Punzie wanted to get in, she was worried that one team member is hurt again. Because Jack was in the hospital Punzie fears for the worst. She went inside the waiting room first. She held my hand whole time.

In the inside we saw Elsa, she was sitting on a bench in the waiting room. Punzie squeezed my hand tighter.

"Guys... Has something happened?" Punzie asked carefully. It was the moment when Jack and Elsa noticed us.

"Sorry to bother you but she insisted that we come here," I sigh and smile a bit.

"It's okay," Jack replied blankly. Then Elsa started to sob. "Her sister was assaulted," Jack hissed out and walks to her. He sat next to her and took her into embrace.

"She was what?" Punzie gulped.

"Her bastard boyfriend. He hurt her, s-she knew a cop who came to save her but she's in r-really bad condition," Elsa cried aloud.

Punzie's eyes widen from shock. She touched her abdomen nervously.

Then a doctor came in, asking Elsa to go with him. She stood up and pulled Jack up too.

Okay,I know what's going on. The way Jack just placed himself behind Elsa and placed his arm around her waist. Yeah, that guy loves her. I know because that's what I do with Punz.

"You can tell it to me here," Elsa said bravely.

"Alright. I'm really sorry to tell you all this. She has an injury to her head. It is possible that your sister might never wake up and we might be dealing with the matter of stopping the life supporting efforts. I am really sorry," the doctor sounded heartbroken.

I can't say anything. I just stare in front of me when Punzie embraced me tightly. Slowly I turn my head to look at Elsa who just got the devastating news. She was shocked, staring into emptiness when the doctor left. I couldn't hear the rest what the doctor spoke to her. My mind was occupied by the horrible thoughts of how she might have to decide if she'll let go of her sister or not.

Then it all broke down. Elsa nearly fell when she began crying. Jack grabbed onto her, holding her tightly against his chest. Even he was crying with her.

"T-this is horrible," Punzie whimpered and cried against my chest. "F-first I lost my father... now Elsa might lose her sister. Why is this all happening Eugene?" Punzie said quietly.