41 Glowing Flames

POV Flynn

Punzie made me drive at the marathon place. Again she had that odd glow in her eyes which she had when she did some miracle curing to her friends sister. We were following the airing from television at our place when we saw the runners collapsing to ground one by one.

"What's happening out there?" I insisted from her.

Her eyes look at me, worriedly and her hand goes gently on her abdomen. The way she frowned was something that I knew she would do when she's nervous and sad over something.

"I think it's the same thing Eugene," she said silently.

I look back at the road, wondering what she meant.

My hand goes over her knee to encourage her. "Honey. I don't know what you mean," I exhaled.

Hand of hers felt soft when she put it on mine. I made the second last turn towards the marathon location. They had collapsed out of the blue some time after when they arrived to the finish line.

"I think it's the same poison which took my father and nearly me," she finally said quietly and I began gasping.

I nearly hit into a small fast going car that went ahead of us. We drove next to it to park. Still we were quite far from the marathon place but there are tons of cars everywhere.

"Geez people drive crazily nowadays," I groaned.

Then I flinched when a large thing dropped down from the cars ceiling. It had a weird armor like costume in red on it. Suddenly the armor popped off and I was staring at a white marshmallow.

"What the heck is that," I mumbled while staring at it.

"Eugene! We don't have time for this!" Punzie said quickly and unbuckled herself, then opening up her door. I followed her lead.

"What could you do anyway to help?" I insisted. "Shouldn't these people be taken to hospital if they are poisoned?"

"You don't understand. I know what to do!" Punzie spoke fast and slammed her door shut. She was ignoring the weird bloated looking white creature. Everything is so messed up.

"Get him out from the car!" A girl shouted and I look back at the car. They pull out a black haired guy who looks familiar. He looks really pale.

"We should've taken him to hospital and not here," one other girl panted out.

"Hiro wanted us to be here. We just need to wait until Wasabi figures out the antidote!" The girl with black hair and purple stripe said.

"PUNZIE!" I shouted when I remembered who that kid reminded me of. Punzie stopped on her steps, she was hurrying towards the runners.

"What?" She shouted back.

"Isn't Hiro from your fire station!" I yelled. It made the group that arrived on the other car stare at me. Hiro was still unconscious.

Now Punzie noticed Hiro. She held her stomach while nearly running to us.

"Be careful!" I gestured her.

"What happened?" Punzie gasped as she kneeled down next to Hiro.

"He found where the arsonists are. He knows them. They did this to him, poisoned him with cold allergy's worse form. That's how much he was able to tell us before passing out," the girl sobbed and brushed Hiro's hair away from his forehead.

"I can help. Can I have some space? What's your name again?" Punzie said quickly.

"GoGo," the girl said.