2 Ending or a Beginning

POV Jack

Boss called me to his office. For some reason I knew what he wanted to talk about. The office was upstairs and near the social area. It was a room that had glass windows which had window shades that he used to cover the sight inside.

I inhaled deeply before knocking on the door. He called me in and I went there. He had certificates and pictures on the walls. One of those certificates was however the most important to him and it was the one that our fire station had got for our hard work as signal of gratitude and honor.

"Ah, Mr. Overland," he greeted me and leaned over his desk. There were papers everywhere which he goes through. I went to sit on the chair beside him and I felt uneasy.

"I still say no," I said silently and he just smiled. His fingers were stroking his chin that had beard growing. His hair had some gray parts already. "I just need some opinion," he laughed and slammed a pile of papers in front of me.

I glance at him when I take the pile. Those were applications. "New crazy people, who want to be fire fighters, huh?" I sighed and started going through the pile.

There was some guy named Guy, weird, but he says that he practically invented fire. Sounds like pyromaniac to me. Next there was a Native American girl and she didn't seem that bad judging from the application.

"Well?" boss asked. I sighed, "We don't even have a place open right now."

"Just pick the best option of those," he smiled and I rolled my eyes. I started to look the pile through again. There were many young fire fighters, "Well. I think that if we would have new member that person should be about the same age and..uh.."

"Man there is lot of options," I groaned and I started slamming the papers to the desk one after another when I had read it.

Then I stopped. "Norway?" I said aloud and I read the application through. "Quite a resume," I said half aloud.

Then I smiled, "This one." I placed the application in front of boss and he took it. "So Elsa Arendelle? Alright, she seems fitting," boss chuckled and I leaned back on the chair.

"Now then, about you taking over my position as the head fire chief in town," he grinned and threw a name plate from the desk to my hands. I stare at his name that's written on the granite plate, it says Executive Chief Mr. Corona. "You know, there could be your name in it. Think of it, getting out from the dangerous situations," he smiled warmly.

I started to breathe heavily. "And abandon my team! No way! Even your daughter is one of my team! Should I just get comfy behind of a desk? Nah, don't think so," I spoke fast and furiously before slamming the name plate back to his desk. The chair screeched against the floor when I stood up quickly and left.

So that was what he was up to. He would just retire and make me take his place, then Tadashi would get my old place. Then the new girl would come. Elsa Arendelle. Hah.

I run downstairs and I see Punzie walking towards me. "So how did it go with my dad?" She asked curiously and smiled. "No way! I'm not gonna take his place, ever," I muttered and pushed her aside.

Then the fire alarm rang. "GOSH! I can't ever go to toilet in peace!" Hiccup shouted as he was buttoning up his pants while running to get his gear. The sight got me laughing and then I run to the truck.

"He has some serious mind problems," Merida mumbled and I knew that she was talking about Hiccup. Soon everyone was onboard the truck and Merida put the siren on in the truck as well as the flashing red and yellow lights.

Merida drove fast again. Then I got a radio contact, "What's the emergency?" I spoke to the radio. "Fire in Fransoskyo university," the voice spoke back and I heard Tadashi gasping.