36 One 'A' Going Down

POV Anna

Read a book. Read a book. Read a book. Okay, just pretend like you're reading a book. Nope, not working.

I slam close a book about some guy named Percy. It's useless to pretend that you're reading something if you're not at all interested about it. Now it's just about getting something more interesting to read as my cover up. Maybe a comic book? Fashion magazine?

I grab the Cinderella's Fashion magazine and quickly I go back to sit. I'm at school's library waiting that my contact would arrive. I glance over the magazine but yet I see nothing. Again I return to my pretended reading experience.

"You're holding it upside down," I heard a whisper and I heard how the chair was being pulled out next to me. I see how Kristoff sits there, holding a book. He is wearing some glasses which makes me giggle a bit. He glances at me quickly and smiles slyly which makes me blush and clear my throat.

"Did you get any useful kind of information out from Hans?" Kristoff whispered. He had been making me to spy Hans and tell if I find anything unusual.

I cover my face with my hand and I try to say things as quietly as I can. "Well he is staying with me tonight. We're watching some movie which is really dry. Just think! Hours of footage of some men sitting in a coffee table and chatting about their life experiences," I told him and groaned a bit.

"Ugh I didn't come here to gossip. I meant that did you find out anything that could have something to do with the fires?" he sighed.

"Well his wallet is filled with receipts of gas station. He keeps buying gas even though he doesn't have a car anymore. Weird," I sighed.

"Huh? Gas? When was the latest time," Kristoff asked in enthusiasm. Even the book dropped from his hand.

"Yes. Are you deaf?" I huff and let the magazine drop to table. I glare at him and he chuckles.

"No I'm not. Anything else you want to share?"He grinned and leaned his chin to his hand.

I smile to him. "Well I sort of followed him yesterday," I grin and I lean back on the chair. This he will like.

"Okay. Where did you follow him?" Kristoff gasped.

"Well there's that island where some ferries go. You know it? You can go there from harbor in the east," a smirk spread on my face when Kristoff's eyes widen.

"Continue!" He gulped.

"From the looks of it he has done that trip often. Should I ask him about it? Maybe one of his friends is living there," I wonder aloud. If there's a friend who he clearly don't want to introduce me, his girlfriend, it's odd. I mean who in the right mind would live in a island where is some old abandoned factory sort of building? And national park. There are some nice rare species of birds. If you are interested in birds, then you would like that crazy fact of the day.

"Thanks this was really helpful," Kristoff grinned and gave me a quick kiss on cheek. It totally froze me and I stare at him. Slowly my hand goes to hold my cheek.

The idiot just kissed my cheek.

"Anna?" Kristoff questioned. He was raising his eyebrow. I didn't even realize that he had stand up from his seat and putting his coat back on.

"Y-yeah?" I replied to him while my cheeks turn red.

"I just said that keep safe. And call me if Hans acts weirdly this evening because, uh. We're probably doing something and if he truly is involved and we won't go on cold tracks again on the arsonist case,"Kristoff went silent. Too silent.