7 Friendly Ghost

POV Elsa

A cold breeze woke me up this morning. The window had opened by itself during the night and it was freezing cold on the inside of the apartment. I rubbed my shoulders as I went to close it.

It's still early, I have three hours before I need to be at work. With a yawn I walk towards the kitchen and when I left the bedroom the door slammed close. It made me startle and I turn around. The door had closed by itself with a loud bang. "Okay, there's really.. uh.. there's really a drag in this apartment," I muttered and then I continued my way.

After searching the cabinet's I found some coffee which I started making. The kitchen is really nice one and I admire the finishing touches on it.

Finally the coffee was done and I poured my mug full. I went to sit on the breakfast table. I'm going through the news from my phone as I'm keeping my coffee mug on the table in front of me to cool down a bit.

I laughed for the news about some grumpy cat that's making people go crazy over it. While I continued reading I lifted the steaming hot coffee cup against my lips.

"Huh?" I muttered when the hot coffee had turned into ice coffee. It was really cool when I finally drank it. It had cooled off on the journey from lifting it from the table towards my mouth.

"Okay. This apartment has some serious heating problems," I sighed and searched for a number to maintenance. I called on the number and they promised to come and check on the heating.

"It's probably because of the radiator. We'll get the adjustments correct for you," the man who introduced himself as Hawkins told me. They had the main key to every apartment that they could borrow from landlord.

When I had everything ready I run outside from the door and start to jog towards the fire station. I put on some music from my phone when I stood in the traffic lights. I still had plenty of time.

The light turned into green one and I go over the street. When I had went half of the way and I was standing on traffic divider I slipped. Just in time I managed to get my balance back after cursing a lot.

Then I startled when a car drove fast past me. It was way too fast on winter, my heart beats rapidly when I realized that I might have been run over. That was enough for me to stop listening to music and I went over the street. Now I'm only going to take short cuts through the park. I'm done moving in the high traffic areas to get to work.

At work I saw Merida working with the fire truck again. She had been polishing it since yesterday. So weird.

Having a conversation with someone who doesn't want it is really hard. Practically it's impossible. Which is annoying me, a lot. Sometimes I really wonder if moving to USA was a good idea and today I'm having a moment like that. This moment has lasted since yesterday.

We had a lunch break. Well, they had their own and left me at the fire place. They said something about a Chinese buffet on the next door. To each other but I heard it from small distance.

Me? Well I had the salad that I bought from a store while walking here this morning. I'm munching it and walking again around the station. When I had finished I threw the plastic bowl to trash and went to check my messages from my phone and call to Anna.

When I got to dressing room I went to my locker. One of the lockers wasn't being used. "Ah! No service!" I groaned as I took my phone from my coat's pocket. I climb on the bench that's in front of my locker and I lift my hand in the air.

My phone beeped. "Finally!" I sighed and turn around.

The locker behind of me, on the opposite side of my locker. It had a fire chief's helmet on top. How would I know? Well, it was white which is typical for chief's helmet. It's on top of the unused locker.