26 Hooked

POV Elsa

Merida wanted to see me after working day. So I waited her outside the fire station. Today no one felt like going at the usual hangout place, actually this had been going on for the whole two weeks after Hiccup's accident. No one felt like celebrating.

"Hey!" Merida shouted at me and I look at her quickly. I waved my hand at her.

"So umm.. would you mind coming with me today?" Merida said and rubbed her neck. Her body language was all about nervousness.

"Sure, where?" I smiled to her.

"To hospital to see Hiccup. It's not so weird if the chief is with me. I mean it's awkward for me being a girl and all... the nurses look at me weirdly," Merida mumbled.

"Alright but I don't know why you're nervous about it because you two are friends since childhood. Right?" I laughed and Merida blushed.

"They think of us as a couple, which we are not. He has Astrid," Merida sighed.

"Oh. That explains it. Sure I will come, it's nice to have a break from all the packing," I smiled. I have been gathering my things because Frost would move to his home soon. I need to move out.

Merida gave me a ride. She had been using Hiccup's car because he had given it to her for the time being. As a thanks for helping out with taking care of his dog.

At the hospital we went to the floor where Hiccup was. My cheeks flushed for the idea that Frost would be one floor up. However I haven't visited him, not even once after he woke up. It's just too hard for me, to see him when he doesn't remember.

When we got into Hiccup's room his bed was empty. Merida and I went to the desk and a kind nurse helped us out. "Mr Haddock is having his rehabilitation down the hall. You can go and see how he is doing. Today he uses the crutches for the first time. He is a fast learner and has positive attitude which is great," the nurse laughed and we thanked her.

"I can't wait to see him! It's so wonderful to hear that he is doing okay!" Merida cheered and I laughed faintly.

I saw the part where hospital turned into rehabilitation facility and I glance at Merida. She responded to my look with a smile.

"MR. Haddock! MR Overland!"I heard a woman cheering. It made me and Merida exchange worried looks as we approached a wide doorway. We heard laughter, loud and deep.

"Overland is reaching Haddock on the curve. OH MY GOOOD!!! Overland is passing him and aiming for the straight line to last speed burst before finishing line!" It was Frost's voice and I froze to my spot. Then I saw him and Hiccup, they came around the corner laughing. Both of them were riding on their wheelchairs and moving fast while laughing.

"Jump!" Merida screamed as the two guys were approaching us fast. A nurse was running after them.

"BREAK!" Hiccup shouted to Frost who then noticed us. I yelped when he almost hit me.

"Oh gosh!" Frost gulped out as he stared at me. I felt my cheeks flushing.

Then the nurse came out panting, "I told you - two - that - you cannot - take a race - in - here. Too - dangerous." She said while catching her breath. Frost grinned and jerked his head up, looking upside down to his back with his head slightly crooked.

"Yeah yeah, nothing happened to us," Frost laughed and smiled mischievously.

"I was more concerned about other people actually," the nurse crossed her arms.

"Well, this sure was something to except when you two are in the same hospital," Merida hissed to Hiccup.

"Chill Mer. It's not like we knocked you two out," Frost laughed.