35 Do Memories Hurt?

A/N: Chap might be a bit intense. I promise that it won't ruin your life however xD.

POV Punzie

The drop down is maybe 80 feet and I feel the wind blowing on my face. The bed sheets that I tied up together are not long enough to get me down. I turn around and I see the round stone walls that surround me and work as my prison.

There might be these comfortable furniture, all the books you could think off and possibilities to have a hobby but yet this is just my prison. I want out from here.

"Rapunzel! Lay down your hair," I hear a familiar yell. It's my husband, Eugene.

"THANK GOD!" I shout and ran to the window. I see Eugene standing in the green forest that opens up down and around the tower.

"Eugene! I can't get out," I cried to him as I lean against the window seat.

"Lay down your hair!" Eugene shouts and lifts his hands to megaphone around his mouth.

I frown. My hair? Suddenly I feel a heavy burden on my head and I look behind of me. My eyes flash open from shock. Yard after yard there's this golden blonde hair circling around the room.

"Where did that come from?" I whisper and touch my head. I lift some of my hair in front of my face. It's golden blonde.

"B-but my hair is brown and short?" I mumbled aloud. This is so confusing.

"Lay down your hair!" Eugene yelled again. Yeah, he might be right, if I throw this down it might be enough for him to climb up. Quickly I gather as much of my hair into my lap as I can and I throw it down. He starts to climb and soon I would be held by him.

Then, the whole forest darkens as storm clouds fill up the sky. Water is pouring down as the sky opens with a hit of lighting. I see a shadow moving in between the trees. It's closing in Eugene.

I'm gasping as I feel the threat. It's like this bad feeling.

"Eugene," I said in worry. Our eyes meet and then he glances down. Now the figure was close to him and I'm gasping. Quickly I try to help Eugene up by pulling my hair up. It was too late, now the figure of a woman with frizzly hair raises a blade and slams that into Eugene's back.

I stare in shock as Eugene falls down from my hair. The weight disappeared and he lays on the muddy ground. His eyes stare into me lifeless, the spark of life in him disappeared.

"NO!" I cried. "EUGENE!" I screamed. My whole world shattered in just a moment. He was coming to get me but then he died while trying to save me. I fell to my knees and I start crying. I can hear someone else climbing up, the cruel laughter of the woman is making my heart ache even more.

"Punz, wake up."