39 The Plan of Y

(DIDGERIDOO! Useless thing this first A/N is but problems I had which is why I try this. Ignore and move on to Merida.)

POV Merida

I knocked his door. No one responded so I used a skill which my triplet brother's taught me. How to pick a lock. They had always had some trouble in agreeing which one of them takes house keys with them and most of time no one does because of their mantra 'I thought you were supposed to take it!'.

"Hiccup?" I called his name. He had empty beer cans around the apartment. Just one day after his girlfriends death his home had been turned into disaster zone.

A faint groan was coming behind his couch and soon his dog Toothless pawed towards me, whipping it's tail happily. I smile faintly to Toothless who walks beneath my hand, mischievously stealing some scratching from me.

I crawl on his couch and I peek over the edge. Hiccup is laying on the floor in the middle of empty beer cans. He reeks like old beer and smoke. He didn't change his work outfit.

"Hey you," I greeted him as I pull my hair behind my ear. He doesn't even look at me since the ceiling seems more interesting to him.

"Hi," Hiccup replied blankly which made me worry more.

"You know. I was worried about you. Jack gave everyone at the station couple extra free days. You know, because Elsa's sister was hurt, Hiro went somewhere and we can't reach him and you are clearly not okay. I promised to check on you," I hum and lean my chin against the couch.

"Uh...huh," Hiccup mumbled and turned his back at me. I sigh and go to clean up his place from the smelly cans of beer. After that I ordered some of his favorite pizza.

"Hiccup," I went to him carefully. I kneel next to him and I took his hand.

"We've been friends for a long time? Right?" I questioned. Hiccup's emotionless eyes turn to look at me. He nods slowly but won't speak to me.

"Hiccs... Astrid was my friend too. We all played together as kids. I am your friend Hiccup," I spoke silently as couple tears ran down on my cheeks. He was just staring and my heart broke.

I just remember how we played these role games as kids, I was fireman, Astrid was police officer and Hiccup? He changed his roles depending on the situation.I close my eyes and hot tears stream down. I couldn't help it. I was supposed to stay strong and be there for him but I'm a lousy friend.

"S-sorry Hiccup. I c-can't be here for you... I...I am not s-strong enough," I whispered and took support from floor to push myself up.Suddenly I felt myself being pulled back down.

"Mer," Hiccups voice was soft. His arms went around me and I place my face against his shoulder. I wrap my arms around him and I sob against his shoulder.

"I don't want you to go," he said. Then I heard him crying. We just sit on the floor, holding each other and crying all our misery out. We both miss her, Astrid was always strong and brave. She was that on the day she died too.

The doorbell rang and I slowly let go of Hiccup."Y-your pizza is here," I sniffed and smiled at him faintly as I wipe my tears away from my left cheek. When I was about to wipe my right cheek he beat me at it and wiped the tears away.

"Thank you Merida, you are amazing friend," he said quietly and gave me a quick and faint smile which faded away as quickly as it came. I nod my head and go to the door.I brought his pizza and the cola to his living room table and called him to eat. He was a bit reluctant but he managed to eat some at least.