'20' Hey, Mr. President...{Part Two}

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

'20' Hey, Mr. President...{Part Two}

Something tells me that some people aren't going to like this.

'Katalina'

“Congratulations Ms. Daniels, you're pregnant.” Those words keep replaying in my mind over and over, but they don't make sense. I get that I'm pregnant, I really do, but I don't understand. Does that make sense? The words make sense but together in a sentence like that they're foreign to my mind.

“I beg your pardon?” I had to have heard him wrong, right? I mean if I'd heard him right then surely his words would have made sense, right? Someone please tell me I'm right, I don't know if I can handle being pregnant right now.

The doctor smiles kindly at me. “I said you are pregnant Ms. Daniels.” At the look on my face he frowns. “If you decide that you don't want the child we can discuss your options, but I really think you should speak to the father first.” With that he turns on his heel and walks out of the room, as I stare at his back in confusion.

Did the guy think I would get an abortion or something? Because that is really not going to happen, no matter how unprepared I am for this. But I should talk to Dominic about this, maybe he won't want the baby. He already has Casey, there's no guarantee he'll want another child now if ever.

“Kat?” His head pokes into the room, worry creasing his brow, making me wonder what's swirling through his mind. Did he know already? According the the doctor I've been completely out of it for awhile now, so surely Dominic would have found out by now, right? I wonder how Richard is doing, surely nothing drastic had happened while I'd been out, right?

“How's Richard?” Something flashes in his eyes, that no matter how badly I want too, I can't decipher. Please don't let something have happened to him while I was out.

“Kat, I don't know if I should tell you this now or not, maybe Kyle or Matt should-”